Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Thanks very much guys :),,,,,my dad got this boat at a goodwill sale 20years ago cheap and it had a new motor on it and he never realy use it,,,,cant sell it around here,,,,he just couldn't figure out why I wanted to buy this big blue tank ;D

Rivverrat

The Suzuki 140 is a fantastic outboard! Guys have been putting a phenomenal amount of hours on them... Jeff

Alto Mare

Get cranking Benni, so we can go fishing :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Quote from: Rivverrat on September 15, 2018, 11:31:43 PM
The Suzuki 140 is a fantastic outboard! Guys have been putting a phenomenal amount of hours on them... Jeff
yes sir,,,,and I think he only taking out 3 time ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 15, 2018, 11:51:37 PM
Get cranking Benni, so we can go fishing :)
that's right uncle sal,,, :D the boat will be a little difficult with my dad,,,,,what you need that for ??? But it's been in my driveway for 3 months  ;D

Benni3

I got 1 hybrid and marlo got 1 at the cove today  ;D

Benni3

Well today was my birthday :) oh no not again and the weather was to bad to fish,,,,so I remembered I had a old neon kit brand new in the box somewhere and my night vision 8),,,it's just not the same >:( but this works ;D

thorhammer

Benni, I don't know about that particular Suzuki, but mine (175's) are at my mechanic now getting full baseline service. He is a good friend of mine and told me Seatow uses them, and has 9200 hours on them if you do the full maintenance schedule like you should. That's insane.

Benni3

You will like this,,,,the nurses at the va gave marlo a card and cake for all of his help and hard work,,,,then he got called to the Stg of the va police office""oh no ???""nope the police department at the va gave him another award  ;D

Rivverrat

Quote from: thorhammer on September 17, 2018, 05:21:08 PM
Benni, I don't know about that particular Suzuki, but mine (175's) are at my mechanic now getting full baseline service. He is a good friend of mine and told me Seatow uses them, and has 9200 hours on them if you do the full maintenance schedule like you should. That's insane.

Like I said above the 140 is the same. Uncle in Alaska runs two 140's with jets & he's been running them like he stole them for years. It's the same with most anyone who has these outboards. All getting an insane amount of hours on them.... Jeff

thorhammer

I have mainly run Johnson's my whole life so I didn't have much reference but I was very happy to hear that.

Swami805

Heck of a job to Marlo!
Benni with a boat, that will add a new wrinkle. Give you a project for this winter. You and Marlo will have a blast with it.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Benni3

I got 1 carp and marlo got 2 cats ;D

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on September 18, 2018, 12:03:55 AM
I have mainly run Johnson's my whole life so I didn't have much reference but I was very happy to hear that.
yes my dad has a 82 150 Johnson's sea house,,,,it's done great for years,,but he would like to replace it with a Yamaha  ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Swami805 on September 18, 2018, 12:29:56 AM
Heck of a job to Marlo!
Benni with a boat, that will add a new wrinkle. Give you a project for this winter. You and Marlo will have a blast with it.
not yet ;),,,,I got something to pull it with,,, but I got to work that out with my dad,,,,,,and my mom sure don't want it back at her house  :D