Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Here is something I need to work on,,,,  :D I think there's a 12 step program for losing a fish,,,, >:( alot of time I grab the line then the fish breaks it,,,,, ??? If I'm fast enough I grab him up before he takes off,,,but this is also the time I know i got a problem,,but that's ok,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Gfish on March 24, 2019, 10:51:15 PM
Cool!
Benni, are you gonna go uptown someday with flyfishin equip.? Looks like you got a good trout/char thing goin on in that river.
When I first converted many years ago, I said " man! I'm makin my trout fishin harder on myself on purpose?" but gradually, I started learnin and catchin a few, and found it to be much more self-satisfying whenever I's able to score. It was even a funner way to fish, when I couldn't get bit. Then about 2yrs. latter, that movie "A River Runs Through It" came out and alotta people, especially yuppies, started showin up everywhere I liked to go in Oregon and Calif. Had alla best stuff, guides with 'em sometimes, but there were more'n you could shake a stick at! Thankfully, I knew how to hit the wilderness, backpackin.

thank you my friend,,,,and yes I catch more trout with a fly,,,,, :D thanks to dewayne,,,,but with a spin reel,,,, ;) I got my tricks I hate to give them up,,,, :) like one I need to do big live minnows on a treble hook,,,,if you just want big trout,,,,, :o oregon and California trips that's a life experience,,,,,,very cool my friend,,,,, ;D

steelfish

Quote from: Benni3 on March 24, 2019, 10:53:12 PM
Here is something I need to work on,,,,  :D I think there's a 12 step program for losing a fish,,,, >:( alot of time I grab the line then the fish breaks it,,,,, ???

12 step program to avoid losing a fish on light line and small hooks

1. get a fishing net
2 to 12. read point no. 1

The Baja Guy

Gfish

Indeed, if you wanna release 'em, a net is the way to go as it can reduce handling injuries...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Got 2 today at the Smith river behind work,,,, ;D

Swami805

Those are scrappy looking fish, char?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Benni3

Quote from: steelfish on March 25, 2019, 07:12:51 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on March 24, 2019, 10:53:12 PM
Here is something I need to work on,,,,  :D I think there's a 12 step program for losing a fish,,,, >:( alot of time I grab the line then the fish breaks it,,,,, ???

1. get a fishing net

yes,,,,, :D but marlo thinks there bad luck,,,,I even asked him,,,, if I put anvil dust on it or something will that work,,,mojo charm,,,, ;)

Gfish

I think they might be German Brown trout. Also, they don't seem ta have that hatchery/raceway look with wear on the fins like the Rainbows. Wild ones?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Swami805

I noticed how clean they looked too, clean fins and sleek like they've been off the trout chow for awhile. Don't look like browns to me though.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Tiddlerbasher

Browns can have a variety of markings - particularly black and orange/red 'dots' that vary in number. Thay can be almost pure silver (with virtually no spots) to heavily dappled. Yours Benni look like wild browns to me.

Benni3

Yes my friends,,,,, :D philpott dam puts out very cold water all year and they stock trout at the dam 3.3 miles down,,,,, ;) but I'm 12 miles down stream,,,,, :o they fight like spotted trout,,,, ;D

Fishy247

QuoteHere is something I need to work on,,,,  Cheesy I think there's a 12 step program for losing a fish,,,, Angry alot of time I grab the line then the fish breaks it,,,,, Huh?

1. get a fishing net

LMAO...
Keep it going Benni!!

Crow

The "good ole State of Illinois DNR" is busy stocking Rainbows this week, in our county.......one creek, and a few "ponds".....all "spring fed". One pond they normally stock will be "missed" this year, as the river has flooded it out !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on March 26, 2019, 09:38:48 PM
The "good ole State of Illinois DNR" is busy stocking Rainbows this week, in our county.......one creek, and a few "ponds".....all "spring fed". One pond they normally stock will be "missed" this year, as the river has flooded it out !
I like the state of Illinois,,,, :D Danville,,, Dic van dykes hometown to Detroit,,,,flooding has changed alot of the rivers here too,,,,but the things you find,,,,this is the 3rd one,,,,, ;D

Shark Hunter

It s Dick Van Dyke German Brown with a Calculator. ;)
Life is Good!