Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

No fishing today,,,,,, :D but the Minn kota came in and there going to pick it back up,,,, ??? The shaft got hit to hard,,,,but that's ok,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 13, 2019, 03:45:59 AM
Those Bunny's have nothing I want Brother. ;)
I'm here to fish and spend time with my family.
The Beach was unfishable today, but we tried anyway.
Came back to the condo and grilled some ribeye's and taters.
Triple 3 foot waves back to back, got a few bites and called it a night.
I'll be back tomorrow. ;)
your the anchor in the family,,,,, ;) I hope you get one tonight,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got skunked,,,,, :D but marlo got 2 trout,,,,, ;) I was targeting goldfish,,,,,, ;D

Shark Hunter

I'm 4 for 6 Benni. ;)
We have been putting the fish on the sand, just three or four footers.
I can live with that.
We had plenty of bites tonight, just couldn't hookem'.
Breaking out the stops tonight.
Stingray, Mullet and Blacktip bait.
Life is Good!

Benni3

Quote from: Shark Hunter on May 15, 2019, 06:27:15 AM
I'm 4 for 6 Benni. ;)
We have been putting the fish on the sand, just three or four footers.
I can live with that.
We had plenty of bites tonight, just couldn't hookem'.
Breaking out the stops tonight.
Stingray, Mullet and Blacktip bait.
hope you do great tonight,,,,,,, :D skunked day two on the goldfish,,,,,but marlo on the other side of the bridge got a bass 2 redeyes,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Got 1 hybrid and 3 cats and marlo got 1 cat,,,,, :D this is the  best time of the year for the cove,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 and marlo got 2,,,,, ;) pretty good day,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Benny, that picture you showed last week is a koi, not a goldfish.  Koi are just a colored variant of the common carp (Cyprinis carpio).  After a few generations they revert back to the wild carp color.

The one in your photo looks like a utsuri (variety) of koi.  Unlikely to be a high quality or expensive one.  You can buy a small one for five or ten bucks.  The owner did not think much of it either when he threw it in the river. 

All the normal common carp in the U.S. were introduced beginning in 1831 by the Bureau of Fisheries.... as a new food fish!!  What were they thinking??  By the turn of the century the states were already trying to eradicate common carp because the habitat damage.  Now, they're just a fact of life.

-steve

Benni3

I got 3 rainbows 1 red eye and dewayne 16 trout and me and marlo got skunked at the cove,,,,but still had a good time,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

And found some girls kayak bags,,,,,no id to return it,,,,but she was almost out of Mary j ,,,, ??? But had plenty of other stuff,,,,, :o at least she had a first aid kit,,,,sun tan lotion and bug spray,,,,drugs are bad,,, >:( no wonder she flip over,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on May 18, 2019, 07:11:54 AM
Benny, that picture you showed last week is a koi, not a goldfish.  Koi are just a colored variant of the common carp (Cyprinis carpio).  After a few generations they revert back to the wild carp color.

The one in your photo looks like a utsuri (variety) of koi.  Unlikely to be a high quality or expensive one.  You can buy a small one for five or ten bucks.  The owner did not think much of it either when he threw it in the river. 

All the normal common carp in the U.S. were introduced beginning in 1831 by the Bureau of Fisheries.... as a new food fish!!  What were they thinking??  By the turn of the century the states were already trying to eradicate common carp because the habitat damage.  Now, they're just a fact of life.

-steve
that's very cool my friend,,,,, :D I would love to catch a koi that big even if the "va game department" doesn't consider it a trophy fish ? Did you see the akepa bird that landed on my fishing pole on page97,,,,,,,, ;D

alantani

Quote from: Benni3 on May 19, 2019, 02:49:30 AM
And found some girls kayak bags,,,,,no id to return it,,,,but she was almost out of Mary j ,,,, ??? But had plenty of other stuff,,,,, :o at least she had a first aid kit,,,,sun tan lotion and bug spray,,,,drugs are bad,,, >:( no wonder she flip over,,,,,, ;D

hope you dumped it right away.  wouldn't want to get caught with it!   ;)
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

oc1

Quote from: Benni3 on May 19, 2019, 03:00:13 AM
Did you see the akepa bird that landed on my fishing pole on page97,,,,,,,, ;D

Cool.  I didn't realize that's your pole it's sitting on.  Black-headed grosbeak perhaps and Appalachian swallowtail butterfly before that

Kayakers always get their lighter wet first thing and then all the other paraphernalia is worthless until the flint dries out.

When are you going to take the boat out?
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: alantani on May 19, 2019, 04:19:13 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on May 19, 2019, 02:49:30 AM

hope you dumped it right away.  wouldn't want to get caught with it!   ;)
yes it gone,,,,, ;) but the very small amount of Mary j ,,,,,there's a 70yr old fisherman I like very much and he's old enough,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on May 19, 2019, 10:06:50 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on May 19, 2019, 03:00:13 AM
Did you see the akepa bird that landed on my fishing pole on page97,,,,,,,, ;D

Cool.  I didn't realize that's your pole it's sitting on.  Black-headed grosbeak perhaps and Appalachian swallowtail butterfly before that

Kayakers always get their lighter wet first thing and then all the other paraphernalia is worthless until the flint dries out.

When are you going to take the boat out?
-steve
the orange bird said the Baltimore Orioles will be in the world series,,,,,,, :D the trolling motor it going to take sometime,,,,,,but June the 7th the cove is open late for boats,,,,,,this is what I got ,,,,,,, ;D