Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swill88

Benni, I just 'binged' read from page 87 through 100 this morning.
Almost like reading the Bible!
Extremely comforting.
Thank you my friend for the inspiration.
Steve

Benni3

Quote from: swill88 on June 01, 2019, 07:31:41 PM
Benni, I just 'binged' read from page 87 through 100 this morning.
Almost like reading the Bible!
Extremely comforting.
Thank you my friend for the inspiration.
Steve

thanks man,,,,,,hope you have a blessed day my friend,,,,,,, :D  a 101 pages,,,,,not 101 damnsshions spots all over my sole like 101 dalmatians,,,,, ;) my girlfriend beth it's her birthday,,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

Happy Birthday to your girlfriend Beth, Benni.
I'm sure you're spoiling her🙂
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Crow

Yes, Happy Birthday , to the young lady !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Tiddlerbasher

Wish her Happy Birthday from me :)

Donnyboat

wish her happy birthday & many many more, cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

Benni3

Thank you very much my friends,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 2 cats 1 hybrid and marlo got 1 hybrid,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

The hybrids are getting bigger.
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on June 05, 2019, 03:42:33 AM
The hybrids are getting bigger.
-steve
thanks my friend,,,,,, :D a rod repairman comes up to roanoke va on Wednesdays now,,,,, :) so I give him a rod to work on and asked him how old is this"? Maybe over 100yrs old?" and he did a fabulous job,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Really nice one.  Calcutta cane I believe.  They started importing Calcutta cane from (of all places) Calcutta in the 1850's.  It's probably from late 1940's or 1950's though.  I don't recognize the reel seat they appear to be Mildrum guides. If the original handle wrapping was cotton instead of nylon and the original guide wrapping was silk instead of nylon then I would have guessed 1920's to early 1940's.  Nylon melts over a flame but cotton and silk burn over a flame leaving a light ash that can be flicked away.  I like the mix of tarred and non-tarred seine twine on the handle.  The turks head are tricky to tie but pretty common on deckhand-style rods.
-steve

Swami805

Nice rod Bennie, looks like it's fixed up and ready to go! You going to fish it? Maybe once then on the wall?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on June 05, 2019, 11:17:54 PM
Really nice one.  Calcutta cane I believe.  They started importing Calcutta cane from (of all places) Calcutta in the 1850's.  It's probably from late 1940's or 1950's though.  I don't recognize the reel seat they appear to be Mildrum guides. If the original handle wrapping was cotton instead of nylon and the original guide wrapping was silk instead of nylon then I would have guessed 1920's to early 1940's.  Nylon melts over a flame but cotton and silk burn over a flame leaving a light ash that can be flicked away.  I like the mix of tarred and non-tarred seine twine on the handle.  The turks head are tricky to tie but pretty common on deckhand-style rods.
-steve
thanks very much for the info,,,,, :D the date of this rod will work great for my bridge city,,,,, :( but when putting line on it I found out it needs service,,,,, ;) but that's ok,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Swami805 on June 06, 2019, 01:18:33 AM
Nice rod Bennie, looks like it's fixed up and ready to go! You going to fish it? Maybe once then on the wall?
thanks my friend,,,,,, :D maybe tomorrow,,,,,if it doesn't rain to hard,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

It rained yesterday and now today,,,, >:( stopped by a antique mall and got 2 rods and reels for $25 ,,,,,, :D might could trade with them later,,,,,,, ;D