Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gfish

Tip, in case you don't already know it; You can test your battery, after a full charge, with a "load tester". If it tests good, then you could have a "parasitic drain" in your system, which is somewhat complicated, but can be found with a multi-meter set up for mili-amp reading and then by pulling fuses. The net has alotta info. on this stuff.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Quote from: Gfish on July 30, 2019, 02:00:04 PM
Tip, in case you don't already know it; You can test your battery, after a full charge, with a "load tester". If it tests good, then you could have a "parasitic drain" in your system, which is somewhat complicated, but can be found with a multi-meter set up for mili-amp reading and then by pulling fuses. The net has alotta info. on this stuff.
yes my haroble fake multi-meter did work out of the box,,,,,,, >:( so I got 1 at home depo and then went and got a haroble fake battery tester in 50hrs I got 1 battery charged,,,,,,, :D but that's ok,,,,,,,, ;D

Gfish

Cool.
I read somewhere that a slow charge is best for a lead-acid battery's health and longevity. I got a relatively expensive charger from W. Mart just the other day, a Battery Tender "Plus". Looks good on paper; it has 4 automatic stages for charging: intense, moderate, low then "trickle" for long-term maintenance.
Hmmm, wonder if my vehicle's alternator decreases the battery's life? Probably not, as it's a very small amount of charging every time I start it. I think the clock is the main drain on the system when not running.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Crow

I have one of those on our RV batteries Gfish...works really well. This one has a "desulfinating" feature, to stop build up on the plates, that cycles in, and out, automatically. The plates in Marine, or RV batteries are designed differently than those in auto batteries , so "deep cycle" use of capacity, and recharging doesn't 'bother them" as much.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

chockpish

I think if you drive your vehicle less than 15 minutes, or for very short distances, and if you don't drive often enough, the battery alternator does not charge the battery properly or not enough! Over time it looses power, and can kill a battery! Here in the East Coast of Canada, with our winters, it's worse on batteries! My wife's job was about three miles from our residence, I kept telling her when you go to and from work, make sure to let the truck heat up and drive for at least 20 minutes! That way the battery would charge! Long story short I had to replace the battery twice in three years! Don't know if we got a dud or not, but still had to replace them! Now her job is about 30 miles away, so no problem with batteries in winter time! They say the average life span of a battery is about 5 years due to parasitic lose, from clocks, computer and all those gadgets on cars that need a little power all the time! Just my opinion!

Mike! Tight line, be safe and fish hard!
Tight lines, be safe, fish hsard!

Maxed Out

I got 15 years outta the original batteries in my dodge ram

Got 10 years outta my deep cycle batteries on the boat. I replaced the boat batteries after 10 years even though they still worked fine.

If you put your battery power thru a remote switch, then you can turn the switch off manually to ensure nothing is draining the batteries.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Benni3

Well,,,, :D the 2 econo batteries are new it ended up to be 60hrs to change 1,,,,,, :o the interstate is a little older than a year and I'm thinking it's bad,,,,,,,, >:( but the Walmart is 4years old and is still good and my little tiger is always fully charged,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 2 more charges at Walmart $34.95 each,,,,,, :D let's see what they do,,,,, ;D

Gfish

Looks like a Shumacher charger, those have a good rating, If I remember right, I think I went to a big Drag Race in the Bay Area back in the 70's where he was competing.

Benni3

I got 1 smallmouth and marlo got redeye,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Gfish on August 04, 2019, 05:20:30 PM
Looks like a Shumacher charger, those have a good rating, If I remember right. I think I went to a big Drag Race in the Bay Area back in the 70's where he was competing.
I have never seen a race,,,,,, :D but guy told me he would never do it again,,,,,,,, :o ;D

Benni3

I got 1 smallmouth and marlo got 2 today,,,,, ;D

oc1

Man, I glad to see you guys catching fish again.  A new spot too.
-steve

Benni3

Skunked at claytor lake,,,,,,, ;) but that's ok,,,,,, :D 11pm to 11am playing with the fish finder and trolling motor,,,,,, 8) I had it with me but didn't break it out,,,,,20/0 and unstoppable 9/0 I'm going to drop anchor one day on a big blue cat,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on August 06, 2019, 05:36:39 AM
Man, I glad to see you guys catching fish again.  A new spot too.
-steve
yes this is Colorado bridge,,,,,, :D me and marlo love to fish here in the summer there's a big carp that swims through once at about 9:30 every night it's a beast,,,,,,,,, ;D