Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

Are the "corn sandwiches" used for bait ?Or is that your lunch ? :D :D
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on August 22, 2019, 12:35:04 PM
Are the "corn sandwiches" used for bait ?Or is that your lunch ? :D :D
hehe,,,,,, :D after feeding the fish it made me hungry for the same thing,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 largemouth and marlo got 1 chub,,,,,,, :D 2 miles upstream,,,,, 8) very cool to catch something different,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

We fish a small, spring fed creek, near here, for chubs....they make great flathead bait !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on August 23, 2019, 02:37:04 AM
We fish a small, spring fed creek, near here, for chubs....they make great flathead bait !!
yes some years you can't throw your line out with out getting one,,,,, :D but there almost gone here my friend,,,,, :o but the good news is I think I just found a 24speed reel deal transmission kit for a shimano tiagra 130,,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

Gee, I wish I could have found one of those for the "Rat Rod" :o....price was "right", too !! ;)

Not as many chubs....OR flatheads around here, either !  Big ethanol "spill" in the river (about 5 years ago) really hurt the catfish population (although they are coming back, pretty good, now), and "farm run off" has affected the creeks, and small streams...chubs, stone rollers, and crawdads are getting pretty hard to find :'(.

Benni3

Me and marlo skunked last night,,,,,, :( but this morning got 3 redeye's 2 perch 1 small smallmouth,,,,, :D but polushion I think is a big factor,,,,,,, >:(

Crow

I prefer "catch and release, minus the catch", rather than "skunked", but, from all the fish I've seen you guys post....the fish deserve a break, once in a while !! :D

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on August 25, 2019, 12:38:24 AM
   I prefer "catch and release, minus the catch", rather than "skunked", but, from all the fish I've seen you guys post....the fish deserve a break, once in a while !! :D
me,marlo and dewayne catch and release 99% of the time,,,,,,, ;D I did scout out masons creek today and looks great ,,,,, :D very clean water,,,,, :( but the blue heron has put a hurting on it,,,,,, ;D

Crow

That's a pretty chunk of water, Benni !

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on August 25, 2019, 02:20:47 PM
That's a pretty chunk of water, Benni !
thanks man,,,,, :D this morning was great almost every cast,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

When the water gets low the minnows are packed in some of the holes like sardines,,,,,, :D but didn't see any snakes,,,,,, ;D

Gfish

Beautiful shots, Hoss.
What's the species of the orange breasted bass lookin fish?
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

Quote from: Gfish on August 25, 2019, 06:59:57 PM
Beautiful shots, Hoss.
What's the species of the orange breasted bass lookin fish?
I think they there redbreasted sunfish,,,,, :D and we got Roanoke bass,,,,, ;) but can't tell the difference between them and rock bass,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

You mean the one with the deformed gill cover?  That's either a hatchery fish or you really do have a pollution problem.
-steve