Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Benni3

Quote from: nelz on August 31, 2019, 02:04:15 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on August 30, 2019, 11:13:33 PMMe and marlo had to get special permission to fish "hope tree family"  pond ,,,,,,and I got 1 grass carp,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni, that's an impressive looking fish. Are you allowed to keep them where you fish?

I'm very familiar with grass carp, we have them here too. But you need to be aware that they are exceptionally delicate fish. Holding it like that was probably a death sentence, which is a shame if you were catch/release fishing.

I've stopped targeting them, but when I did, I used a barbless hook and slid them onto the grass for release, gently as possible. In Europe, carp fishermen use special landing mats to reduce stress. After the last one, I decided it's not even worth it, the fight is pathetic for their size, hardly any sport even with the ultra-light I was using.

Just a little FYI, not meaning to get on your case!  ;D
it did put up a fight but had to be reavived,,,,,, :( not as tough as the common carp,,,, :D thanks for the good advice,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 small redeye today and marlo got 2 turtles at the river,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

It ain't the size of the fish...it's the size of the smile !!! Looks like it was a fun trip !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on September 02, 2019, 12:39:26 PM
It ain't the size of the fish...it's the size of the smile !!! Looks like it was a fun trip !
thanks my friend,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Marlo doing his ham radio today the skip coming in,,,,,,, ;) so I whent for a walk with my girlfriend and my neighbor andy stopped to talk,,,,, :D very nice guy does animal rescue transport,,,,,,,, ;D

Alto Mare

Time to get married Benni...she can fish ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Benni3

Quote from: Alto Mare on September 03, 2019, 01:37:03 AM
Time to get married Benni...she can fish ;)
hehe yes uncle sal,,,,,, :D sometimes I ask her for a divorce but she says "we are not maried" ok you want to get married but she like "no because you would just want divorce" love her,,,,,,,, :D never any problems or lawyers,,,,,,, ;) well me and marlo seining hellgarmites today and got 5 dozen for new river tomorrow hoping it well be a good day,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Last night it was hard to keep the vicious tiger away from the Maine lobsters,,,,, :D but this morning she got to see one,,,,, :o then me and marlo hit the new river,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

It was like one every cast tell 3:00pm then slowed up,,,but then just before dark boom,,,,, :D the biggest fish of the day to bad my phone was almost dead no flash,,,,, ;) but that's ok,,,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Beautiful spot.  Nice fish.  Only the most avid fishermen go to the effort to catch bait the day before.
-steve

wailua boy

Nice fish and fishing grounds.

Crow

Looks like a great chunk of river !  And some nice fish, too !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Me and marlo hit the river with some bait we had left over and got some bass and a big sun perch and 1 nice redeye,,,,, :D this year the big sun perch and redeye have disappeared none at new river,,,,,,,, ???

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on September 05, 2019, 05:30:36 AM
Beautiful spot.  Nice fish.  Only the most avid fishermen go to the effort to catch bait the day before.
-steve
thank very much my friend,,,,, :D it's takes about 3 or 4hrs to get 5 dozen hellgarmites and 1 store said he would give us $5 dollars a dozen,,,,, :o but there not for sale,,,,,,, ;D
Quote from: wailua boy on September 05, 2019, 05:40:53 AM
Nice fish and fishing grounds.
Quote from: Crow on September 05, 2019, 12:26:55 PM
    Looks like a great chunk of river !  And some nice fish, too !
thanks very much my friends,,,,,, ;D