Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Me and marlo skunked at the pond today,,,,, ;) but that's ok and last night had a little bandit come up to my feet demanding for some food so I gave him some hamburger buns,,,,,,, ;D

JoseCuervo

A couple bass from Coyote. I hadn't been freshwater fishing in nearly forever.

It was nice to break in a new Ugly Stik Inshore rod and Battle II reel with a couple of fish. My bud Doug got skunked.

Benni3

Quote from: JoseCuervo on September 08, 2019, 03:15:50 AM

It was nice to break in a new Ugly Stik Inshore rod and Battle II reel with a couple of fish. My bud Doug got skunked.

oh man that's great love it,,,,,, ;) but that your friend got skunked,,,,,, >:( well it's difficult fishing new waters put him on a fish next time,,,,,, ;D

JoseCuervo

Quote from: Benni3 on September 08, 2019, 03:51:01 AM
Quote from: JoseCuervo on September 08, 2019, 03:15:50 AM

oh man that's great love it,,,,,, ;) but that your friend got skunked,,,,,, >:( well it's difficult fishing new waters put him on a fish next time,,,,,, ;D

That is the funny thing.. He is the freshwater bass guy and this is one of his lakes, I am more of a salty. I took him rock cod fishing a couple of months ago and put him on the fish. He put me on the fish today though.

Crow

Well, that's why they call it "fishing"....if you always got some, they'ed call it "catching" !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

A vicious tiger couldn't stop me from fishing today,,,,,, ;) the dry fly is a little bit more difficult,,,,,,, :D but it was a blast,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

It looks like a perfect spot for the fly.
-steve

Tiddlerbasher

Now that is my type of fishing ;)

swill88

Quote from: Benni3 on August 12, 2019, 03:35:48 AM
Skunked at fishing today at the river,,,,,,, :D but me and marlo had a great time,,,,, :) I did catch a small Madagascar turtle and marlo got a 40lb sulawesi turtle almost up to the bank then the 8lb line broke,,,,,, ;) but that's ok,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni,
What did you do with the turtles?  Are these native species? 
When I studied North American turtles in the 70's reading Dr. Archie Carr's '"Handbook of Turtles" I don't recall these names. (I don't recall much these days   :D )
Steve

swill88

Quote from: Benni3 on August 30, 2019, 11:32:21 PM
Quote from: Crow on August 30, 2019, 11:22:53 PM
That's a big 'un !!  What bait did you use fro grass carp ? ....and don't say "grass" :D
just white bread and marlo got a big turtle so far,,,,,,,,, ;D

Snapper?

Benni3

Got some live minnows today and me and marlo hit the pond and got 1 each,,,,,, :D the horses walking around was cool,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on September 10, 2019, 05:05:42 AM
It looks like a perfect spot for the fly.
-steve
Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on September 10, 2019, 09:02:48 AM
Now that is my type of fishing ;)
thanks very much my friends,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: swill88 on September 11, 2019, 12:32:39 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on August 12, 2019, 03:35:48 AM
Skunked at fishing today at the river,,,,,,, :D but me and marlo had a great time,,,,, :) I did catch a small Madagascar turtle and marlo got a 40lb sulawesi turtle almost up to the bank then the 8lb line broke,,,,,, ;) but that's ok,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni,
What did you do with the turtles?  Are these native species? 
When I studied North American turtles in the 70's reading Dr. Archie Carr's '"Handbook of Turtles" I don't recall these names. (I don't recall much these days   :D )
Steve

for years people would buy turtles at kmart and when they got tired of them,,,,, :( they would put them in the duck pond about 12years ago they drained it and remodeled the pond and all the turtles where put in the river,,,, :D so we have all kinds,,,,,,like painted turtles,,,,,,, ;D

Eaglesgreen

Benni3

I think maybe marlo wants to fish in a bass tournament,,,,,,, :D but he said we got to look the part,,,,, ;) so he got some really cool belts ,,,,,,, ;D