Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3, Donnyboat and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Crow

You guys have sure been into the stripers !
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

JoseCuervo

Benni, I have been meaning to ask. What do you do for a living? You seem to always just be fishing local lakes and I am jealous.

Do you work 9-5 and hit local spots on your way home, or what? What about Marlo?

I envy you and wish the rat race in the Bay Area allowed for the fishing you do. Every day? Dang, living the life.

Thanks

Rob

Benni3

I got 5 and marlo 6,,,,,, :D the time changes helps ,,,we are waiting for the big one's to come back,,,,but that's ok,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: JoseCuervo on November 03, 2019, 11:22:46 PM
Benni, I have been meaning to ask. What do you do for a living? You seem to always just be fishing local lakes and I am jealous.

Do you work 9-5 and hit local spots on your way home, or what? What about Marlo?

I envy you and wish the rat race in the Bay Area allowed for the fishing you do. Every day? Dang, living the life.

Thanks

Rob

I was working for Shenandoah belt and rubber 40 to 90hrs a week then I went to work Kroger air and learned to weld,,,, ;) but when my 90days was up,,,I quite,,,,, :D so I'm talking time off and marlo works at the va,,,, :) so when he get off at 4,,,we go fishing,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 cat and marlo got skunked,,,,,, ;) but that's ok next time it's his turn,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

That's a nice cat, Benni ! Be nicer yet, fried up, with a plate of hush puppies next to it ! ;)
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

I got 1 hybrid and Mario got 1,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

The drag was a little off on the pfueger patriarch,,,,, :o so I broke it down and cleaned the drag washers off and put some cals grease on them and a new drag knob it was a big difference,,,, ;) really like pfueger's parts service,,,,but I don't know how much longer I will be able to get parts for this reel,,,,,,,, ;D

Fishy247

Quotereally like pfueger's parts service,,,,but I don't know how much longer I will be able to get parts for this reel,,,,,,,, Grin

Better stock up on parts now then!

Benni3

I got 1cat 6hybirds and marlo 2hybirds then we moved to the pier and John showed up and he got 2hybirds 1cat and 1yellow perch,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Fishy247 on November 06, 2019, 07:41:04 PM
Quotereally like pfueger's parts service,,,,but I don't know how much longer I will be able to get parts for this reel,,,,,,,, Grin

Better stock up on parts now then!
I have been on most stuff like bail springs and sometimes 1 pops up on Ebay than doesn't works,,,, ;) you now that is my friend,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

My dad found this at a yard sale,,,,, ;) ocean city 981 and the rod is a very nice wood or bamboo not a lot of ware,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Quote from: Benni3 on November 07, 2019, 02:22:10 AM
My dad found this at a yard sale,,,,, ;) ocean city 981 and the rod is a very nice wood or bamboo not a lot of ware,,,,,,,, ;D
Can't say from the photo.  Could be wood, probably not bamboo because it's not hexagonal.  My wild guess is mid-1950's fiberglass and phenolic resin.  It can be dark like that.  Is there a label?  If you look closely at that scratched area just above the foregrip you might be able to tell if it's fiberglass.
-steve

Benni3

Can't say from the photo.  Could be wood, probably not bamboo because it's not hexagonal.  My wild guess is mid-1950's fiberglass and phenolic resin.  It can be dark like that.  Is there a label?  If you look closely at that scratched area just above the foregrip you might be able to tell if it's fiberglass.
-steve
[/quote]it's like a 20 or 30wt,,,oh no label or anything,,,,,, ;D

Shark Hunter

Still Cool Benni. ;)
That Perch picture takes me back.
Loved catching those as a kid. ;D
Life is Good!