Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Stop by bogue inlet pier,,,,, :) but didn't have time to fish,,, :( and the fishing was on,,,, ;) sorry but my phone battery died on the boat but got some more photos to coming,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Alto Mare on November 09, 2019, 11:29:32 PM
I'm glad he let you go, but you need to slow down buddy.
The  Fish will wait for you and I don't need you and Marlo to get hurt😉.
no problem,,,,,I'm working on getting him on salt,,,,but it's a little difficult but it's going to happen,,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on November 11, 2019, 06:44:25 AM
It looks like it's rigged for shrimp trawling.  They discard a lot of by-catch that attracts fish.

So, where's the obligatory photos?
-steve
yes that one is for shrimp,,,,inshore on the way back and no luck on deals on shrimp here $12.00lb cleaned,,,, :( 20 miles up,,,,,i can get them off the boat alot cheaper but no time,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Swami805 on November 11, 2019, 12:54:42 PM
Nice shot of the moon!  What did you catch Bennie?
the best thing was triggers and vermillion snappers,,,but I got a big red snapper,,,, >:( I should of keep it,,, ;) it was a weekend,,,, :D I hooked 1 amber jack,,, :o but was to powerful for my 4/0 and got rapped around everybody's line and got off,,,,, :'( hehe,,,,,that was kind of funny,,,,,, ;D

Crow

Another few weeks, and I get to be "back on the salt", Benni !  Another 6 inches of snow , yesterday, and 5 degrees this morning are making me wish I was there, already !! I've never done any "pier fishing"....maybe have to try some, this winter.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

More photos,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

More,,,, ;D

Benni3

And 1 rainbow trout on the fly today,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on November 12, 2019, 12:59:28 PM
      Another few weeks, and I get to be "back on the salt", Benni !  Another 6 inches of snow , yesterday, and 5 degrees this morning are making me wish I was there, already !! I've never done any "pier fishing"....maybe have to try some, this winter.
yes,,,,it's cold,,,,where you going fishing,,,,, ;D

JoseCuervo

Cool pics Benni! I like the fish on the stringers. On the west coast, at least where I fish, gunny sacks (burlap bag) are used to carry fish. A gunny sack is like a coffee bean bag (think like 75 pounds of coffee) but a bit smaller. I did see a genuine coffee sack on a cod / crab combo trip last week.

I might bring a stringer next time instead. Our cod have dangerous spines that can poke you bad (to the point of bleeding profusely :o), that may be why.

Rob

Crow

We spend the winter at Dauphin Island, Alabama, Benni. Mostly surf fishing, but, some "boat fishing" around the gas rigs......when we can afford the fuel :P
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Quote from: JoseCuervo on November 14, 2019, 04:24:02 AM
Cool pics Benni! I like the fish on the stringers. On the west coast, at least where I fish, gunny sacks (burlap bag) are used to carry fish. A gunny sack is like a coffee bean bag (think like 75 pounds of coffee) but a bit smaller. I did see a genuine coffee sack on a cod / crab combo trip last week.

I might bring a stringer next time instead. Our cod have dangerous spines that can poke you bad (to the point of bleeding profusely :o), that may be why.

Rob

a 10in coat hanger with a string an a loop on the end of it is what thay had,,,,, :D and I had a bucket to keep them in until I had time to put them on the stringer,,,, ;) good luck on your next trip,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on November 14, 2019, 01:36:48 PM
We spend the winter at Dauphin Island, Alabama, Benni. Mostly surf fishing, but, some "boat fishing" around the gas rigs......when we can afford the fuel :P
that's going to be fun time,,,, :D there's a rest stop as soon as cross the Alabama line looks like a big log cabin I was looking for the bathroom and a employee asked me can I help you,,," yes is this New York city",,,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got shunked and marlo got 1 rainbow,,,,,the cove closed today at 5:00pm,,,,just found out today when we got there that rodney brown who retired last year from the water authorty,,,,was killed by his girlfriends son,,,,that is still on the run,,,so there we be prayers for him and his family

Benni3

I got 1 rainbow and marlo got 1 upstream,,,, ;) gene came down to see us and asked if we are going to the cove,,,, :( nope there still looking for Michael brown,,,, ???