Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewcrafter, Benni3 and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Crow

We got here yesterday, about 1:30 in the afternoon...pretty fair traveling....as to those "big rigs', I've found the best way for me, is to get behind one...and stay there ! Especially going through the "big cities' (St. Louis, Memphis, etc.), I just tuck the rv in, hold the pedal down, and pray !!
   No fishing...yet ! Probably tomorrow, but I did head to the beach, looking for those good looking gals ::)
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

I got 4 rainbows today,,,,, :D and then a spider said you're fishing in my hole,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: mo65 on November 28, 2019, 04:44:47 AM
Hey Benny,
   Good job on those trouts! What do you guys use for trout bait? We use mostly small inline spinners my brother makes. We also use mealworms and powerbait at times. Here's some photos of my brother's spinners. They look just like Joe's Flies. Trolling these spinners is a hoot!  8)

Some fantastic looking spinners,,,,,,, ;) that's what my friend Larry uses all time brown with gold spoon,,,,,,, ;D I use a silver 2# blue fox with a white mr twister tail,,,,rapala jsr-5 with a 4# gamakatsu on the back,,,,gulp nightcrawlers,,,minnows or corn with the salt and then I add more salt or power bait,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on November 28, 2019, 04:59:10 PM
  We got here yesterday, about 1:30 in the afternoon...pretty fair traveling....as to those "big rigs', I've found the best way for me, is to get behind one...and stay there ! Especially going through the "big cities' (St. Louis, Memphis, etc.), I just tuck the rv in, hold the pedal down, and pray !!
   No fishing...yet ! Probably tomorrow, but I did head to the beach, looking for those good looking gals 8)

I'm glad you had safe travels,,,,, :D and hope your having a great Thanksgiving,,,,, ;) hope get some great photos of your fishing trip,,,, :o good luck my friend,,,,,, ;D

Dominick

I zoomed in on that spider.  Scary big eyes.   :o  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Benni3

I got 3 today,,,,, :D slow going but that's ok,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Dominick on November 29, 2019, 12:08:40 AM
I zoomed in on that spider.  Scary big eyes.   :o  Dominick
I get bit sometimes,,,, :D but that one I rather say away from,,,,, ;) he looked really mad too,,,,,,,,, ;D

Dominick

Spider bites :o :o  Stay away from those taxing spiders...  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tiddlerbasher

Quote from: Dominick on November 30, 2019, 06:06:59 PM

The legal spiders aint no better ;D

Benni3

I got 7 rainbows today,,,, :D it was sprinkling and i was in deep forest some and it was a little difficult with a 9ft rod,,,, :o but that's ok,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Tiddlerbasher on November 30, 2019, 09:59:25 PM

The legal spiders aint no better ;D
my hoodie had welder slag all over it,,,, :( it's time for new one,,,, ;) I got a aftco hoodie guest what they did to me on my aftco,,,,,, ???

oc1

Quote from: Benni3 on December 01, 2019, 12:22:41 AM
i was in deep forest some and it was a little difficult with a 9ft rod.
Get one of those little 6 ft bantam rods.  I've always wanted one but don't have a use any more.
-steve

Gfish

Do you ever "roll cast" with your fly rod Benni? Another trick bag way to cast where the streamside brush is thick. 1/2 the fun of fly fishing for me was just the casting techniques. Never was able to get the "double haul" cast down.
The roll cast works best with double taper line and a shorter leader.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Benni3

I got 2 sun fish,,,,, :D the river flooded and the cove was a little froggy and the sun fish was stealing my bait,,,, :( but that's ok,,,there's always next time,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on December 01, 2019, 04:07:30 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on December 01, 2019, 12:22:41 AM
i was in deep forest some and it was a little difficult with a 9ft rod.
Get one of those little 6 ft bantam rods.  I've always wanted one but don't have a use any more.
-steve
after using a 9ft and 10ft rod it's hard to go back,,,,,, :D but when the weekend warriors come out,,,,,I have thought about using a pink barbie combo,,,, :o now that would be fun and great in deep forest,,,,,,,, ;D
Quote from: Gfish on December 01, 2019, 05:28:54 PM
Do you ever "roll cast" with your fly rod Benni? Another trick bag way to cast where the streamside brush is thick. 1/2 the fun of fly fishing for me was just the casting techniques. Never was able to get the "double haul" cast down.
The roll cast works best with double taper line and a shorter leader.
yes I roll cast,,,, ;) sometimes just mending line,,,, :) but I was using a spinner here to sneak up on them,,,I like watching orvis guide Tom Rosenbauer on tv,,,,, 8) he like the Bob Ross of fishing,,,,,,, ;D