Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Thanks very much my friends,,,,, :DI got skunked and marlo got 3 today,,,, ;D

thorhammer

Benni, I've been looking before i read. you've blown past 200K reads. If that doesn't qualify as an epic fishing story i dunno what does.

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on January 16, 2020, 11:54:19 PM
Benni, I've been looking before i read. you've blown past 200K reads. If that doesn't qualify as an epic fishing story i dunno what does.
maybe the that trout fishing trip in Henderson will do it,,,, ;) get us some pictures my friend,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Got skunked 3days In a row,,,, >:( but not today got 2 and the last one put up a fight,,,,, :D jumped a couple of times in fast water,,, :o I had to losen my drag take my time and wait,,,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Crow

That's a whopper, Benni !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Thanks very much my friends,,,,, :D got 1 small trout today,,,,, ;) and i never play pick 3 but for some reason yesterday had to play number 771,,,, ??? But the winning number was 706,,, :D hehe what are the odds,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 rainbow and whent to the trout unlimited meeting today,,,,, :D there try to do good,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Me and marlo skunked at the river,,,, :D but that's ok something to do and this came in the mail today $22 on ebay 8ft very cheap quality but might be great for the lake,,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

I've never seen a cast net with a big collar/spreader thing like that.  You're tough if you can throw an eight footer.
-steve

Check the regs too Bud.

thorhammer

yes, i think Va is six foot limit- i got an expensive ticket and net confiscated once finding that out behind the dam: while the fishing regs are reciprocal, that was NOT !

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on January 24, 2020, 07:26:10 AM
I've never seen a cast net with a big collar/spreader thing like that.  You're tough if you can throw an eight footer.
-steve

Check the regs too Bud.
Quote from: thorhammer on January 24, 2020, 01:17:37 PM
yes, i think Va is six foot limit- i got an expensive ticket and net confiscated once finding that out behind the dam: while the fishing regs are reciprocal, that was NOT !
Yes it was difficult for me learning to throw a cast net,,,,my dad got a 10or12ft on sale and it's way too big,,,,, very heavy,,, takes me 5min to get it ready to throw and then it might open up,,,,, ;) but sinks fast and that helps,,,, the shad are spooked they know that net trick,,,,, :o the ring in the middle is a ez cast net,,,,,, :D a 4ft I can throw one handed,,,,,va regulation is 5.5ft,,,, >:( but they don't enforce it,,,,"Google" cast nets 101 Smith mountain lake,,,,, :) just like fly fishing once i started catching fish i really enjoy it,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Here you can have any size you want as long as it is not less than two inch stretch mesh and does not have draw strings.  You can't even own or sell a normal small mesh net.  You might get away with smaller mesh under the bait net provision if the net is less than three feet in any dimension, and that includes the draw cord.
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on January 24, 2020, 08:25:34 PM
Here you can have any size you want as long as it is not less than two inch stretch mesh and does not have draw strings.  You can't even own or sell a normal small mesh net.  You might get away with smaller mesh under the bait net provision if the net is less than three feet in any dimension, and that includes the draw cord.
-steve
I would like smaller mesh,,,,don't like to gill neting endangered species,,,,,, ;) I don't know who makes the regulations but me my friends and the gamewarding make fun of them,,,,,, :D and we do get a little fun out of it,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Got one rainbow today,,,, :D but he kicked the hook at the bank,,,, :) the river up and it's going to rain tonight,,,but that's ok,,,,,,,, ;D