Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

Quote from: philaroman on September 13, 2020, 12:03:29 AM
Quote from: Rivverrat on September 12, 2020, 06:37:47 PM
White bass is terible... Jeff
nothing in the striper family is terrible -- stop overcooking 'em
Hybrids out of the cove,,,,,, ;) is the best tasting freshwater fish I have ever eaten,,,,,,,, :o

Benni3

Well I got 1cat today at the cove,,,, ;) and the Phoenix flew over me,,,, :o but didn't poop,,, ::) so that's not bad ,,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Slather fillets with a mixture of mayonnaise and shredded parmigiana, then close broil until the there are a few brown edges.  It would make a slipper taste good.
-s

Rivverrat

Steve thats the second time I've heard of mayonnaise being used for fish. For the most part I've refused trying it out on catfish feeling it would ruin the taste. Luke & I will try it out next week when we cook a batch of catfish & perch... Jeff

Benni3

I got 1 and marlo got 1 today,,,,,,, ;D

mo65

Quote from: Rivverrat on September 13, 2020, 04:11:49 PM
   Steve thats the second time I've heard of mayonnaise being used for fish. For the most part I've refused trying it out on catfish feeling it would ruin the taste. Luke & I will try it out next week when we cook a batch of catfish & perch... Jeff

My favorite catfish recipe is to slather in mayo/lemon juice mixture, then coat with crushed corn flakes. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Benni3

I got 2 hybrids,,,, :D Ron and Chris fish with me today very nice people,,,, ;) they allways shop to say hi and we are allways glad to see them,,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

Hey dude, order yourself a Berkley Rope handle (google it) for 15 bucks- I put them on all my fishing buckets. you will be happy. smack in existing hole with hammer.

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on September 16, 2020, 05:08:03 PM
Hey dude, order yourself a Berkley Rope handle (google it) for 15 bucks- I put them on all my fishing buckets. you will be happy. smack in existing hole with hammer.
Thanks my friend I will check them out,,,,,,,, ;) the handles on the buckets aren't much,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1cat and marlo got 2hybirds today,,,,,,,, ;D

JoseCuervo

Those are all nice fish!  :o

You guys.. Making me jealous daily.

steelfish

Quote from: mo65 on September 15, 2020, 04:24:23 PM
Quote from: Rivverrat on September 13, 2020, 04:11:49 PM

My favorite catfish recipe is to slather in mayo/lemon juice mixture, then coat with crushed corn flakes. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. 8)

I should try this recipe with some Yellowtail fillets I have and also with Corvina fillets.

I havent eaten any freshwater fish since 20 years ago  ;)
The Baja Guy

Rivverrat

White bass is terrible... Jeff

Been a long while since I've had striper. White bass are extremely abundant in the river I have made numerous attempts at cooking them. Steamed, fried & broiled along with lemon juice & tossed in the microwave, they have all had a strong fish flavor that I have a hard time with. However I do like large mouth fried the way I do it as has every one else who's tried it... Jeff

Crow

Try soaking the white bass fillets in milk, overnight in the fridge.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Brewcrafter

Quote from: Rivverrat on September 20, 2020, 12:17:48 AM
White bass is terrible... Jeff

Been a long while since I've had striper. White bass are extremely abundant in the river I have made numerous attempts at cooking them. Steamed, fried & broiled along with lemon juice & tossed in the microwave, they have all had a strong fish flavor that I have a hard time with. However I do like large mouth fried the way I do it as has every one else who's tried it... Jeff

Riverrat - one of my favorites when we were loading up on White Bass in SW Missouri - brine in brown sugar and smoke.  I sure do enjoy Benni's posts, those guys put in the time and flat out get the results! - john