Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

No fishing today,,,,, >:( but a friend called me up,,,, ;) and he wants me to do some work on his car,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 3 rainbows today,,,,,,,, ;D

Swami805

Is that a "Smokey and the bandit" car?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

xjchad

East bound or die... ;D

Quote from: Benni3 on October 26, 2020, 02:34:40 AM
No fishing today,,,,, >:( but a friend called me up,,,, ;) and he wants me to do some work on his car,,,,,,,,, ;D
Husband, Father, Fisherman

Benni3

Quote from: Swami805 on October 27, 2020, 10:19:36 AM
Is that a "Smokey and the bandit" car?
Close,,,,,, ;) but I think this one has the siver bird and 4speed,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 3 rainbows today,,,,,,,, ;D

Brewcrafter

Benni,, after the awesome London Broil you gotta show us what you're doing with that fresh trout! - john

Benni3

Quote from: Brewcrafter on October 28, 2020, 03:32:48 AM
Benni,, after the awesome London Broil you gotta show us what you're doing with that fresh trout! - john
Thanks my friend,,,,,, ;) I catch and release .99% of my freshwater fish,,,,,, :D but when we get a new stocking,,,, >:( because of all the polushion in the water,,,,, :o I need to try to make crabcakes out of rainbows,,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 2trout and 1chub today,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Quote from: Benni3 on October 29, 2020, 12:47:43 AM
[make crabcakes out of rainbows,,,,,,,,, ;D
Easy.  Mash the fish (either fillets or steamed and flaked off the rack).  Mix in some egg.  Add some lemon or lime juice and maybe a little fish sauce,.  Pick your flavors: slat and pepper, sauteed onion and garlic, or basil and tarragon, or chile sauce, or currie paste,  or whatever. Pick your texture: corn, or chopped green beans or carrot, or bell pepper, or whatever.  Mash it all together again and try forming cakes.  If it's too moist add flour.  If it's too dry add more egg or mayonnaise.  Make the cakes thick to keep it moist on the inside or make them thin so they're more crispy.  Coat with bread, cracker or panko crumbs.  Pan fry or deep fat fry.
-s

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on October 29, 2020, 06:38:48 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on October 29, 2020, 12:47:43 AM
[make crabcakes out of rainbows,,,,,,,,, ;D
Easy.  Mash the fish (either fillets or steamed and flaked off the rack).  Mix in some egg.  Add some lemon or lime juice and maybe a little fish sauce,.  Pick your flavors: slat and pepper, sauteed onion and garlic, or basil and tarragon, or chile sauce, or currie paste,  or whatever. Pick your texture: corn, or chopped green beans or carrot, or bell pepper, or whatever.  Mash it all together again and try forming cakes.  If it's too moist add flour.  If it's too dry add more egg or mayonnaise.  Make the cakes thick to keep it moist on the inside or make them thin so they're more crispy.  Coat with bread, cracker or panko crumbs.  Pan fry or deep fat fry.
-s
That sounds great,,,,,, ;D on another subject,,,, ;) job travels I had alot of hotel walffels and pancakes,,,,,, :( and I was craven pancakes,,,,,,,  :P with the coronavirus and restaurants,,,,,,, >:( I just had to make my own and oh my,,,,,, :o I hadn't had a good pancake in years,,,,, :-[ it was so good,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Skunked for 3days ,,,,,,, >:(  there saying a train derailed,,,,,,, ;)  I think the bridge was old and just gave out or a thick or treater is getting alot of coal for Christmas,,,, :-[ 12 coal cars went into the river,,,,, :o and it's not going to hurt the water quality,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Crow

Yeah, coal shouldn't be too bad...we had two tank cars of ethanol go into the river, about 4 years ago(about 40 miles upstream of us), and the river is just now getting back to "near normal"....killed literally millions of fish.
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

Quote from: Crow on November 03, 2020, 12:36:44 AM
Yeah, coal shouldn't be too bad...we had two tank cars of ethanol go into the river, about 4 years ago(about 40 miles upstream of us), and the river is just now getting back to "near normal"....killed literally millions of fish.
Now they call the Roanoke river the coal river,,,,,,, >:( but I found a better hole to fish tomorrow,,,,,,,, ;) it's deeper and I hope to catch bigger fish,,,,, :o so I'm bringing the 4/0 uncle sal built me,,,,,,,,,, ;D

Brewcrafter

That's a sweet looking 4/0 - post some more pictures! - john