Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc1

Back into the stripers, but they're small.  I can always relate to them more than the trout.
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on November 20, 2020, 06:16:37 AM
Back into the stripers, but they're small.  I can always relate to them more than the trout.
-steve
The Virginia department of game the"DWR" was out there yesterday and today with gill nets and water samples,,,,, ??? But I did tell them the bait fish are gone,,, :o but that's ok,,,,,, ;D

thorhammer

Quote from: Benni3 on November 20, 2020, 12:42:12 AM
Quote from: thorhammer on November 19, 2020, 03:13:21 PM
It has held steady at 309.6 the last couple of days even tho they had 19 of 22 dam gates opened. I think that's the crest- supposed to back to 302 by Monday. It went up almost 12 feet in three days or so....for a 50,000 acre lake that's a lot of water. Will try to fish this weekend depending, I expect there will be too much floating debris to any trolling or live bait so it will be jigs most likely. Last week was huge leaf-falling week here in any case so it will be loaded.
The water level here is almost back to normal,,,,, ;) the trees here are almost bare and the lakes are full of debris and trees,,,,,,,, ;D

this is when a lost smallie shows up down here

Benni3

I got 1 and marlo got 2 rainbows today,,,, ;) today was a fun day,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: thorhammer on November 21, 2020, 01:11:08 AM
Quote from: Benni3 on November 20, 2020, 12:42:12 AM
Quote from: thorhammer on November 19, 2020, 03:13:21 PM
It has held steady at 309.6 the last couple of days even tho they had 19 of 22 dam gates opened. I think that's the crest- supposed to back to 302 by Monday. It went up almost 12 feet in three days or so....for a 50,000 acre lake that's a lot of water. Will try to fish this weekend depending, I expect there will be too much floating debris to any trolling or live bait so it will be jigs most likely. Last week was huge leaf-falling week here in any case so it will be loaded.
The water level here is almost back to normal,,,,, ;) the trees here are almost bare and the lakes are full of debris and trees,,,,,,,, ;D

this is when a lost smallie shows up down here

It's been a little debate here,,,,,, :-\ when it floods dose the fish stay in the same place or do they move and I catch trout where they don't stock and somebody at Smith mountain lake got a 5lb rainbow 15 miles down stream,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

My guess is they know how to stay put and aren't stupid enough to leave a place where they have the prey hunting wired and have been provided for.  Maybe safer to just hunker down and weather the storm.  Maybe the gillnetters have already looked into it.
-steve

Benni3

Quote from: oc1 on November 21, 2020, 06:52:41 AM
My guess is they know how to stay put and aren't stupid enough to leave a place where they have the prey hunting wired and have been provided for.  Maybe safer to just hunker down and weather the storm.  Maybe the gillnetters have already looked into it.
-steve
Oh the net are in the cove,,,, ;) can't wait to what they found,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 2 and marlo 3 rainbows today,,,,,, ;) the bigger I got no pictures because it was on the zoom call,,,,,,,, :D and I got a picture of the bride that got wiped out by a train 3 weeks ago this is railroad money not state or fed,,,, :o you can see how fast they got it back up,,,,,,,, ;D

oc1

Oh, bridge.  I was looking for a newlywed squashed by a train.
-s

Brewcrafter

I'm glad Marlo got into some fish - I still feel guilty about a month ago when you were Zooming from the cove and when he was talking with me he missed a bite. - john

Benni3

Quote from: Brewcrafter on November 22, 2020, 05:26:59 AM
I'm glad Marlo got into some fish - I still feel guilty about a month ago when you were Zooming from the cove and when he was talking with me he missed a bite. - john
No problem man,,,,, ;) we can't get a hook in all of them,,,,, :D but we try,,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 2 today,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

I got 1 rainbow today and Larry stopped by to watch me fish,,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Me and marlo skunked today it's been slow,,,, ;) but Larry stopped by to watch,,,,,, :D I got a new headlamp and it works great black Friday deal on Amazon is $10.99 ASIN B082HPT5J1 if you need one,,,,,,,, ;D

philaroman

WOW,  that's not just a headlamp -- that's an LED Tiara  ;D ;D ;D
...but I thought you were a Striper guy -- where's the red light option???