Luck

Started by Benni3, January 24, 2017, 03:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni3

I got 5 and marlo 5 yesterday and I got 5 and marlo 4 today,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Been looking and just whent down the rabbit hole on a cooler and no I didn't get a yeti,,,,, ;) found a brand orca %100 usa made and is better $139÷19.99÷shipping=$167.49 :( and $19.99 for a arctic purple ice pack it's the coolest I could find,,,, :d just needed a cooler to put in the truck the igloo 120qt is to big and the coleman 14qt to small,,,, :D so  a 20qt is perfect let's see how it does,,,,,, ;D

Shellbelly

Quote from: Benni3 on April 01, 2023, 11:50:59 AMno I didn't get a yeti,
The yeti thing swept the country and are good coolers.  Now they're just another expensive and HEAVY cooler.

I like those blue blocks!

You guys are workin' 'em over!
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)
"You shot it boy, you're gonna clean it and eat it".  (My Dad)

Gfish

Nice handle. Are those rubber latches? How about the all-important(to me) back hinges, metal plastic or rubber? "Orca" who sells "em?
I gave-up on good coolers when several years-ago I bought a retro-Coleman from Wallyworld and found I had to settle for plastic hinges and then found plastic buried in the front latch. It looked just like the one my family had back in the '60's. Not the same at all.
Now I got the cheapo Rubbermaid and of course the plastic hinges quickly broke, but I leave it be, functions kinda like a styrofoam cooler...
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

Shellbelly

Quote from: Gfish on April 01, 2023, 07:01:12 PMhinges
We just ordered 3 SS hinges and 2 SS latches for our igloo.  Went through two sets of plastic ones in 5 years.  37 bucks and they should be here Monday.  Could have bought another 309 for 37 bucks. 8)
"Little boy,  you can get glad in the same pants you just got mad in."  (My Momma)

Benni3

Quote from: Gfish on April 01, 2023, 07:01:12 PMNice handle. Are those rubber latches? How about the all-important(to me) back hinges, metal plastic or rubber? "Orca" who sells "em?
I gave-up on good coolers when several years-ago I bought a retro-Coleman from Wallyworld and found I had to settle for plastic hinges and then found plastic buried in the front hinge. It looked just like the one my family had back in the '60's. Not the same at all.
Now I got the cheapo Rubbermaid and of course the plastic hinges quickly broke, but I leave it be, functions kinda like a styrofoam cooler...
Yes rubber and a rubber seal on top of the lid,,,,,, ;) orca coolers pop up on ebay sometimes and Amazon on sale,,,,on YouTube there's a 30 different brand cooler challenge and tells the most,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Quote from: Shellbelly on April 01, 2023, 10:54:34 PM
Quote from: Gfish on April 01, 2023, 07:01:12 PMhinges
We just ordered 3 SS hinges and 2 SS latches for our igloo.  Went through two sets of plastic ones in 5 years.  37 bucks and they should be here Monday.  Could have bought another 309 for 37 bucks. 8)
I have the same problem with my igloo but other than that it does great,,,if i need a 40qt pelican,,otter,,kong might be other brands i would look at too,,,, ;D

Shellbelly

Quote from: Benni3 on April 02, 2023, 04:40:53 AMI have the same problem with my igloo
I put the new SS hinges on the igloo.  I think I'm gonna need to inject something into the original holes for some "bite".  The new install isn't very strong.

Benni3

Quote from: Shellbelly on April 03, 2023, 03:29:59 PM
Quote from: Benni3 on April 02, 2023, 04:40:53 AMI have the same problem with my igloo
I put the new SS hinges on the igloo.  I think I'm gonna need to inject something into the original holes for some "bite".  The new install isn't very strong.
I thought I was buying brass hinges said brass,,, :( but that's ok,,,,  :)  maybe you can scuff it up and tape around the the hinges take out and jb weld it in the holes,,,,, ;) or maybe because i whent over the plastic hinges for more hold,,,, ;D

Benni3

I have been down with stones for the last week,,,,, >:( but today I had to do something and the fiberglass in my camper shell was turning yellow it was raw fiberglass I hade all the merteraels and had most of the bed taped up,,,, ;) first I had to prime it white,,,,then base paint it white then clear coat it not ez job,,,,, ;) but I got it done,,,,,, ;D

Benni3

Next thing I want to do is the lights and wiring,,,,, ??? Big job too,  :D  2 led bed lights a meirna switch box and pvc to cover the wires,,, i got to paint it white too and hook up the back up lights on the roof,,,,,, ;D

Crow

looks good, Benni!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Benni3

No fish today,,,, ;) but got the camper shell done,,,,,, ;D

Gobi King

Nice, 10.1 volts? hmm, you might have a bad connection somewhere or thin wire.
 I can mail you 10 awg wire,
measure your run from the Engine bay you need, I will cut and mail you some Ancor marine 10 awg wire,
you might even catch moooo fish with higher volts in the bed.  ;D
Shibs - aka The Gobi King
Fichigan

Shellbelly

Quote from: Gobi King on April 05, 2023, 11:22:42 PM10.1 volts?
He's right, Benni.  2VDC drop across, say 15' is too much loss.  You should be seeing 11.5 or better with the engine off.  DC is funny stuff.  Everything's gotta be tight and connections have to use the full diameter of the wire.