Microlite 1st & 2nd Catch

Started by jgp12000, March 09, 2021, 12:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jgp12000

I loaded the Microlite with 2lb line this a.m. before sunrise and tied on a 1/24 black/chartreuse crappie magnet. Cooked bacon and eggs and proceeded to the dock, I love retirement life !!! Guys I am not a bragger, but I have to share my second catch, was a 6lb LMB on a 60 year old reel. I am drinking a celebratory cold one as we speak. Also, I juiced up the microlite with some Amsoil chain lube,I use it on the  oldest grandsons 4wheeler/dirt bike chains when he's in town, and my chainsaws, it's slick stays waxy doesn't sling off.

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

Rivverrat

Pics like yours are always a joy to see. Especially when a reel from yesteryear is used... Jeff

oldmanjoe

:) :) :) :)   Haaaaa yes that wonderful feeling of watching the sun rise and fishing ,knowing that you now can do it more often ...
  Did you pass your 90 day test yet ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

jgp12000

I am not familiar with this 90 day test you speak of oldmanJoe?

Rivverrat

Quote from: jgp12000 on March 10, 2021, 12:08:41 AM

How old are ya ? U retired yet... Jeff

Rivverrat

Now that bass right there could've blowed up many of my ultra lite combos in the past... Great Stuff ! Luvin the pics ! ... Jeff

oldmanjoe

Quote from: jgp12000 on March 10, 2021, 12:08:41 AM
Have you been retired for 90 days or more yet ?     Have the urge to go back to work  ?
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

jgp12000

2nd week retired, no such urges ,,,

jgp12000

Have you ever heard this?