Dam Quick , as you find them

Started by theswimmer, January 26, 2017, 05:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

You hit the nail on the head, Chester —

It is just a mini DQ Super 270 — which is one of the strongest HD spinners ever made.

The 265 Microlite has a good feel for me — small, curved stand, metal spool, steel worm drive, 1:5 HS bronze gears, oversized bearing, multi-generational materials and components.

Notice how the energy of the steel crank handle shaft is transmitted exactly evenly to the middle of the steel worm drive — which in turn is split evenly to the rotor rotation and also the rear gear that drives the spool shaft oscillation.

Few manufacturers could duplicate this type of precision and tolerances.

It is like a Swiss timepiece.

Perfect on a 5' or 5.5' glass rod such as a Fenwick.

Thanks for showing it off, Chester...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

MeanMachine

Found this 220n on fleabay.  $29.00 I don't think it was used more than a few times.

mo65

Quote from: festus on February 07, 2019, 02:16:05 AM
I ordered this Microlite 265 from Fred and it arrived today.  It's the first D-A-M Quick I've gotten in the mail that I had complete confidence it wouldn't need servicing.

You'd be hard pressed to find a better deal on a DAM Quick reel than one from Fred. It's a guarantee of quality. He checks every detail...anything that looks suspect gets a NOS replacement. I bought a 308 from Fred a few years ago and my brother has fished it hard. It's the only reel we fish that I can honestly say has had no servicing. Even though it felt perfect, we popped the side plate last spring for a look inside. I said "Ain't ya even gonna put a drop of oil on the bearing or something?" Jeff spun the handle and said "What fer??" Hee hee...I see...good point! 8)

P.S. Chester, that Microlite is a blast to bass fish!
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

festus

This 331 isn't exactly as I found it because I took it apart yesterday and gave it a thorough cleaning, then put her back together this afternoon. BUT a previous owner apparently lost the original plastic covered screw that jumps up and down when the anti-reverse is running.  It was replaced with a solid screw about 3/4" long covered in plastic.  It works, looks odd, but is actually quieter than the original parts.   :)

foakes

One thing to be aware of on the plastic ball A/R reverse, Festus —

The tolerances are so tight and accurate on these — that if the red liner holds the ball screw just a little higher — the A/R lever may not hold solidly.

Just need to make sure the lever is seated well.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Rivverrat

HAPPY HAPPY ! Paid $20  ;D

Midway Tommy

Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

Rivverrat

Tommy, I've been wanting this model for some time. When I had the money the ones for sale were more than I wished to pay or I'd see an affordable one but no money for it. Pretty happy with this one. I plan on fishing this one a lot. It might become my new fav bait catching reel... Jeff

foakes

Jeff —

The German Silver tailpiece that supports the spool shaft could be missing the round brass keeper nut inside the case — that is why it is loose.

If it is not floating around in the case somewhere loose — then it is no problem to send you one at N/C.

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

Rivverrat

Fred, this is greatly appreciated.  

But first I think I need to get inside the reel & give everything a good looking over. The handle knob isnt set up correctly. As can be seen in the pic.

Let's see what other parts I may need then I'll send you a PM. More than happy to pay for any & all parts

Thanks Fred... Jeff

festus

Great find, l've never seen one of those.

Bryan Young

Here's My contribution.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

theswimmer

There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Rivverrat

Rivverrat

Took 7 long, dreadful days to get here from Germany.

WarHoo !!!  :D I'm on a roll.