Dam Quick , as you find them

Started by theswimmer, January 26, 2017, 05:52:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Balvar24

For some reason, the handle wouldn't turn on this one.

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Balvar24 on April 05, 2020, 07:31:17 PM
For some reason, the handle wouldn't turn on this one.

HA! That sure don't take Rocket Science to decode! :D
Love those open face spinning reels! (Especially ABU & ABU/Zebco Cardinals)

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

Favorite Activity? ............... In our boat fishing
RELAXING w/ MY BEST FRIEND (My wife Bonnie)

foakes

An overabundance of grease has turned to hard beeswax.

But you already knew the answer to that!

Take the reel fully apart -- clean every part inside and outside -- polish and burnish all metal mating portions.

Reassemble, use modern synthetic grease and oil -- grease on the gears mixed with about 1/3 oil will allow this little DQ 265 Microlite to work as good or better than when it was new.  Only a drop of oil on the steel shafts such as the crank, bail operation, oscillation auxiliary gear, springs, crank knob, etc., and spool shaft will yield superior results.

This is possibly my favorite small DAM Quick reel.  

Why?

Because it incorporates the same exact engineering and mechanical design of its biggest brother -- the simple, overbuilt and well engineered DQ Super 270.  (2) reels of the same exact era -- that are very functional and effective today.

If you find that any parts are needed -- just let me know.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Balvar24

Quote from: foakes on April 05, 2020, 08:19:34 PM
An overabundance of grease has turned to hard beeswax.

But you already knew the answer to that!

Take the reel fully apart -- clean every part inside and outside -- polish and burnish all metal mating portions.

Reassemble, use modern synthetic grease and oil -- grease on the gears mixed with about 1/3 oil will allow this little DQ 265 Microlite to work as good or better than when it was new.  Only a drop of oil on the steel shafts such as the crank, bail operation, oscillation auxiliary gear, springs, crank knob, etc., and spool shaft will yield superior results.

This is possibly my favorite small DAM Quick reel.  

Why?

Because it incorporates the same exact engineering and mechanical design of its biggest brother -- the simple, overbuilt and well engineered DQ Super 270.  (2) reels of the same exact era -- that are very functional and effective today.

If you find that any parts are needed -- just let me know.

Best,

Fred

Already taken care of my friend.  The drag had a single teflon? looking washer.  We'll see how it does.  I've got another that the oscillator is broken on.

theswimmer

Finessa on an Okuma 604 ,
Appears lightly used  , works correctly  , no dents or bent parts.
$ 1.00  ::)
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Can't post pictures....... Arghh !
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Ok, here we go....

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Another .
I really do despise Verizon.

Despite having full signal bars it takes forever to post pictures from my location , with a connection to wi-fi .....

Errol Flynn

theswimmer

Try again.
Verizon dumped the pic on the last post.

Errol Flynn

Rivverrat

That reel appears to be very lightly used. A great score... Jeff

Midway Tommy

Picked up this little gem the other day for $9.00 plus shipping.   :o When it arrived, no paint chips, just some dust & dirt. Looks like it has hardly ever been used.  ;D

Tommy D (ORCA), NE

foakes

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Wompus Cat

I don't know . With that Horrible nick in the Emblem you Might want to just let me give your money back on that . ;D
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Midway Tommy

Quote from: Wompus Cat on December 20, 2020, 12:04:22 AM
I don't know . With that Horrible nick in the Emblem you Might want to just let me give your money back on that . ;D

Say what?  ??? You just ruined my day!  :'( So I had to go fix it!  :D

Tommy D (ORCA), NE