Latest Pink Lady is complete

Started by Newell Nut, January 27, 2017, 07:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

After posting the end of year Pink Lady and I immediately got an order so here it is. This one is a little lighter. The blank is a Seeker Hercules Athena GTS 70M 30-60. The reel seat is an Alps centra lock gun metal and guides are Alps 50 lb class.

steelfish

now this is a real pink rod  ;D

really like your rod building techniques and style Dwight.
never overdone and always eyecatching, hopefully in few years I will be able to do something similar to your builds.
The Baja Guy

Tightlines667

Nice work Dwight!

The mermaid decal is a nice touch, given the theme.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Aiala

Beautiful as always! (Still can't handle that spiral wrap business, tho'...  :P ) At any rate, I'm delighted to've started the Pink Lady craze... hope you keep getting orders!  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Newell Nut

Thanks to all. Custom building for me anyway is a reflection of personality. My style is built for battle first and then I dress them but do not like a lot of real busy stuff so the wrap style is clean and simple. Decals are whatever the customer wants.

And John, I polled a few of the local lady anglers on the mermaid and they all liked it for the theme.

Dwight

Swami805

Very nice rod, the trimar black and gold is a nice touch. Is the glass pink on those seeker blanks or is it painted pink? Seeker has been putting out some painted blanks now. I just finished my first painted seeker,will be interesting to see how it holds up. Sheridan
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Newell Nut

The Hercules Athena is a Hercules grey then painted silver and then pink on top of silver and in the sun light you get some silver sparkle from it.

mo65

Excellent work...that's a beauty! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Swami805

Quote from: Newell Nut on January 28, 2017, 08:03:15 PM
The Hercules Athena is a Hercules grey then painted silver and then pink on top of silver and in the sun light you get some silver sparkle from it.
[/quote
Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Benni3