Fast Eddy Bearings in Internationals?

Started by coastal_dan, January 30, 2017, 06:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

conchydong

Never used them. The prices are great but I don't think they are stainless and would require a bit more maintenance. A set of stainless bearings from most retailers for a Shimano TLD 25 runs about $40.00 and the kit from Fast Eddy is only $17.99. There must be a reason for that. 

coastal_dan

Yeah, the 50 SW kit w/ all 4x bearings was 17.99...thats the cost of 1x bearing anywhere else.  Curious....

Agreed, they are not Stainless, but 'rubber sealed' is interesting...they may not be serviceable. 

But, for $18 I have no issue replacing them every other year....
Dan from Philadelphia...

handi2

They are chromed steel. Not a good choice.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

exp2000

No, but I know that name.

I am sure I have had dealings with him in the past.

Just can't remember but no alarm bells are going off :)

I don't know if it's just a coincidence but the name "Eddy" seems to pop up a lot in the bearing supply industry.

Google "fast eddy bearings review". You will get plenty of hits.

~

mo65

I guess no more than they cost they might be worth a try. Fast Eddie...sounds like a guy in a discount carpet commercial. Or maybe a used car dealer. How about a sales pitch: "Fast Eddie don't care about makin' money...he just loves sellin' bearings!"  :D ;D :P
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

alantani

sorry, no, better avoid this guy.  you've gotta use stainless.  he gets two thumbs down.   >:(

QuoteTop quality Chromium Steel balls for extended life and corrosion resistance. All bearings come pre-lubed with a waterproof grease and rubber seals to keep moisture and contamination out.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

I looked at the reviews and steered clear of these a while back.
Life is Good!

exp2000

Quote from: coastal_dan on January 31, 2017, 03:02:58 AM
Understood!  To Boca's we go 👍

Good call.

I can think of nothing worse than trying to separate a rusted mass of mild steel from a quality piece of polished engineering.
~

Miles Offshore

Thanks for the reviews, i just bought a set for a vintage 20, unfortunately/ fortunately ? They were the wrong size so i just cleaned the old ones regreased and put them back in. (I replaced the side plate so just figured I would replace them since I had the reel apart). Happy I found this thread though, Happy New Years Everyone. Craig
Craig Miles
Virginia Beach, Va.

TheReelShop