first fishing trip of my baby girl(and her rod his daddy customized for her)

Started by steelfish, February 06, 2017, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

Quote from: swill88 on February 07, 2017, 01:57:30 AM
Great report Alex! Thanks.

Where were you fishing?
Beautiful daughter and she likes fishing!
Good thing she takes after her Mom ;D ;D ;D
You are a fortunate man Alex.
I can't wait to get back to the Sea of Cortez. "The aquarium of the world", J. Cousteau.

Steve

Thanks amigo, I'm fishing in San Felipe, Baja. But for good fishing I normally go to Gonzaga bay area, for shore or boat fishing there is no better place near
The Baja Guy

Dominick

Terrific Alex.  Give that gorgeous kid a hug and a kiss for me.  :-*  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

Quote from: Dominick on February 07, 2017, 03:47:37 AM
Terrific Alex.  Give that gorgeous kid a hug and a kiss for me.  :-*  Dominick

Thanks Dom, I'll do that for sure ..like every day
The Baja Guy

oc1

coastal_dan

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

mo65

~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

gstours

This is as good as it gets, quality time well spent.  :-* Your on the right track.  ;)  Keep doing, and enjoy them kids cause they grow up fast.   But we never do ever!

steelfish

The Baja Guy

steelfish

same month, same place, same team but 5 years later

just re-read the original post and it was almost the same deal too about too many windy weekends on Jan and feb, my little princess wanted me to take her fishing from the shore to use her rod, eventho it was just a cheapo factory rod that I restored for her with better guides and girly colors she love that rod, mostly because she helped me when I was restoring it, anyway, after checking this last weekend it was going to be a day with no wind we prepared everything to go fishing to the same local rockwall pier.

as well as the last time, no one was catching anything that morning but this time we joined the Skunked team too LOL, this day my daughter learned why is called fishing and no Catching but she wasnt sad about it, she had some bites, three times a fish took her bait but thats all.
anyway was a great morning, she enjoyed the day a lot as well as I did, in our way back to home (which is 10 min drive) she was telling me that she wanted to get back soon to the same place and try again to see if she can catch the fish that was stealing her bait, no fish on the ice chest cooler but we were happy and as soon we got home she told her mom she loved the day, it was awesome and she wanted to get back next weekend !

not the same 6yo girl (that you can see on the 1st post) but she enjoyed the day the same way or maybe more.
The Baja Guy

Benni3

Looks like nice place to fish,,,, :D Friday I got skunked but that's ok,,,just getting out and doing something,,,,,, ;D

oldmanjoe

:)  Ah how fast they grow up and how fast the gray hair comes .  Nice pictures ..
Grandpa`s words of wisdom......Joey that thing between your shoulders is not a hat rack.....    use it.....
A mind is like a parachute, it only work`s  when it is open.......
The power of Observation   , It`s all about the Details ..
 Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.   Alto Mare

thorhammer

Compadre... many things here...I didn't look at original date, and thought this was a new and awesome post ...I see Sal, our brother, commenting, and I check date. I miss him a lot as I know we all do. Amazing post from five years back!!! And good on you and your daughter, five year anni and beautiful trip!!!

You have some gray there now , amigo :)

I cant post pics anymore; godaddy says my beer sips take up too many bytes!!!

Swami805

They grow up fast Alex, fun trip fish or no fish! You'll get em next time!
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Gfish

Nice!
Good to see an update.
Won't be too much longer and you will be screening boyfriends(a delicate skill, that I never really mastered, you can't just try and scare 'em...).
Got out yesterday. Same here, no fish in the yak(only 1–Jack species up to the surface), but at least 10 unhooked bites while reef trolling.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!