Pinacle Vision VS10 and Calcutta: Organ Donors ?

Started by Jayce, April 26, 2011, 04:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayce

Hi Guys,

Need help on my old Pinancle Vision VS10 Round Reel.

I got this a few years ago (used).
This was my first ever Baitcasting reel that I took apart and learned the basic parts of Baitcasting reels.
I do annual maintenance on this reel but during my last cleaning I noticed it was feeling a little sluggish
(I guess its age is already showing).  Done a re-clean and check each part with a magnifying glass, Bearing feels sluggish but no grinding, some wear on the plastic gears and drag looks like old bubble gum (well it looked that way when I first opened it).  I have planned to do some major fixes like new bearings, Drags but the "organs" are the hard part.

Recently I saw a seller on our local "EBAY" that is selling an old calcutta 200/250 for a very dirt cheap price (I think its busted though).
I wondered if the Calcutta can be an organ donor for my Pinacle or vice versa if the calcutta is not that busted up.

One pictures and schematics of the 2 reels it looks almost Identical.

Is this possible ?  Need help.

alantani

you could try, but honestly after struggling to revive a few of these gomers, you never want to see another one again.  i'd pass.....
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Nessie Hunter

When you say Organs,  if it doesnt mean Drags and Bearings, but gears etc..  I would be very Leary of trying to find a 'Look alike' reel for parts...

I agree with Alan, probably best off getting a newer reel that has parts available easier....

Or keep an eye on Ebay and other sites and try and find a Donor reel that is the same make & model..
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Jayce

Thanx guys.

Yeah that thought crossed my mind.  Maybe its time to retire this old dog (he deserves it).

Now comes the fun part....Shopping   ;D