Shimano Talica 10 Anti Reverse Bearing partnumber ?

Started by Drisse, February 25, 2017, 10:13:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drisse

Hi !

A friend of mine asked if I knew the partnumber for Shimano Talica 10 single speed anti reverse bearing ? Looked at the schematic but the anti reverse bearing is not mentioned in the part list ?
Does anyone know the part number or where it could be found ?

Thanks in advace !

handi2

I'm almost positive its the same as used in most all of Shimano reels. The size is 12x18x9. If you can verify that size Dawn at Smooth Drag has them

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Drisse

Thanks handi2

Will se if I can verify that in some way. Don't have a reel at home and my friend has the reels on the fishingcamp in Norway he's working on.
Or can someone verify handi2:s measurment so I know if its right ?

Regards !

Drisse

Hmmm, first I sent Shimano Sweden an email and asked about the IAR-bearing. The answer I got was that there's no IAR-bearing. Wrote again and said tat there's an IAR-bearing in the Talica 10 Singlespeed. The new answer was to clean it and lube it. Didn't get the part.nr or price I asked about.

Tried to email Shimano UK. The answer I got was that there's no IAR-bearing, just two regular bearings for the drive shaft ?

So I still need help to sort out wich IAR-bearing I need :)

boon

None of the single speed TAC schematics mention it. I'm pretty sure all the single speeds have anti-reverse bearings so I can only assume that they are sold by Shimano as part of the right sideplate assembly.

I guess pull the bearing out and find an equivalent  ??? ???

Drisse

Japp, its just that I don't have the reel at home. Its my friends reels and he's in Norway. Just think its weird that Shimano can't answer the question even if they sell the bearing+sideplate as a unit.

Wolli

Sound like a joke. Had same troubles with Shimano Germany last week. They replied there is no IAR in the side cover. Thats why no part number is mentioned in the schematics. Same was confirmed from their Service Center in Holland.

Mailed some pics as proof, but no reply up to date.... seems the guys in Japan are checking what they have build....

Had luck an found one IAR in a part box which fits. 

Keith, sorry to say, but the correct dimensions are 10x16/17x12 mm.

Wolli
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

handi2

Yep thats a different, better, bearing. Dawn has those too.
Gulf Breeze, FL

Drisse

Drisse

I had a mailconversation with Shimano Nordic in Sweden about the IAR-bearing in Talica 10 singlespeed. They said that "their" Talica 10 singlespeed don't have an IAR-bearing and that Shimano Germany and Holland are right about that. Their guess is that the ones with IAR-bearings are from batches to certain countries. Even their reeltech guy said that there's not an IAR-bearing in their reels.

Don't know whats right or wrong, but its a bit confusing. The funny thing is that the reels I have at home is bought in Sweden from the old generalagent for Shimano in Sweden. Now Shimano run their own brand in Scandinavia.

Drisse

At last I got a part.nr for the IAR bearing. BNT4447. Shimano wants me to buy the sideplate with mounted bearing for $119 😳. Can anyone confirm that its the right part.nr? I got it from a private person and not from Shimano.

handi2

Gulf Breeze, FL

alantani

It looks like an EWC 1012. The are pretty standard and not that expensive. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Drisse

Thanks alot Keith ! Very appreciated. But I need to order about 10 bearings to start with. I've got around 30 Talica 10 in for service and repair. Many of them have broken IAR bearings. Hopefully I can find the bearings in Europe so I don't get the customs fee.

Drisse

Thanks Alan! Is EWC 1012 what the bearing is called on the aftermarket?