Pimp my Pac Bay

Started by exp2000, February 28, 2017, 02:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exp2000

My old Pac-Bay drying rack has seen better days.

I had a plan festering in my mind now for some months now and yesterday it finally came to fruition.

Understandably, bypassing any form of technical drawings and proceeding straight from concept to physical construction, you might expect a few bugs, but I managed to pull it off with only a few minor errors.

The result is pretty nice if I do say so myself.

The supports on my old rack would pinch on the swollen particle board so they were a real pain to adjust plus it took up a fair bit of room - a scarce commodity in my humble dwelling.

Like the drive end which was modified a long time ago, the support side is now fixed to a sizeable aluminum plate which is pressed down by a large old hard hat divers weight so it ain't goin nowhere.

My new design occupies a lot less space and adjustment couldn't be smoother.

Happy times:)
~

steelfish

pretty cool, I like it a lot

those wheels came in the factory Pacbay drier rack?

I searched for some of those but couldnt found them, just some small ones, they work dont give you much room to adjust
The Baja Guy

exp2000

Quote from: steelfish on March 02, 2017, 05:10:18 PM
pretty cool, I like it a lot

those wheels came in the factory Pacbay drier rack?

I searched for some of those but couldnt found them, just some small ones, they work dont give you much room to adjust

Yeah, I just poached what I could off the old rack. I used the cross-beams to make up the new supports and transferred the wheels across.

Just gotta replace one motor down the other end now. These motors are actually used to drive microwave turntables, so fortunately you can pick them up on eBay for just a few bucks each :)
~

Bill B

Outstanding build....a perfect case where less (rack) is more...I really like the adjustable rollers.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

swill88

way cool... thanks!

steve