Shimano Curado 200G7 Shims

Started by Ruffy, March 01, 2017, 04:09:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruffy

I ended up going back in to sort this out. With just the small silver washer in the levelwind pawl cap I could feel the levelwind binding at each end of the shaft. With the two brass shims and the silver washer in it is running sweet! I also tried to put the last shim on the drive shaft bearing but it made the stack so tight that it was binding. I ended up leaving it out and it is running smoooooth. I am happy with the reel now and I only have one leftover shim, I think for a plastic bag job it isn't unacceptable.

Cheers for the help everyone!

Ruffy

exp2000

Quote from: Ruffy on March 04, 2017, 08:06:54 AM
I ended up going back in to sort this out. With just the small silver washer in the levelwind pawl cap I could feel the levelwind binding at each end of the shaft. With the two brass shims and the silver washer in it is running sweet! I also tried to put the last shim on the drive shaft bearing but it made the stack so tight that it was binding. I ended up leaving it out and it is running smoooooth. I am happy with the reel now and I only have one leftover shim, I think for a plastic bag job it isn't unacceptable.

Cheers for the help everyone!

Ruffy

Gr8  mate :)

I have only ever seen this washer configuration in the G series Curado so it appears that a manufacturing error did occur in this model.

Once you have installed the retaining clip on the end drive shaft, manipulate BNT3130 into a concentric position and see if this makes any difference to the binding problem.
~