Torium 30 Star drag clicker +++

Started by Nessie Hunter, April 27, 2011, 04:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nessie Hunter

I have seen this style star drag clickers on many reels..
This just happens to be the Torium 30 Star drag reel I was working on yesterday...  
Had an epiphany and took a couple of pics...
Havnt seen this on here (but am new), so here it is........

Used to have a big problem with getting them back in.
Then found a way to do it that actually works (for me anyway)..

This is the Shaft with the hole that has a tiny watch spring in it, then a Bullet shaped Pawl that hits the skirt of the Start knob...   Im sure many of you have run into this...

First off, it will fall out or BOING when you remove the star knob...
If your lucky enough to have it not BOING..  
I can usually find it in the Skirt of the Start knob..

This is how I do it...  

First I grease the spring & hole pretty good.. As I get ready to put the handle assembly back on.
Grease holds in the spring and helps (sticky) to keep things in place.

After I put the Tension washers etc on, I then use the last washer in the stack to cover and hold the "Bullet Clicker" (my own name for it, sorry) in place...
This takes some fine tuning and patience to get right, but insures the bullet stays in place as I screw the Star knob back on... It has worked for me many times so far...

Here I push the Bullet into place and move the washer up to cover it...

Ahhha!!! the Washer is in place and holding the Bullet spring loaded clicker in place.
Im sure "Bullet clicker" is not the correct term, should have looked it up on a schematic I guess??

Now I screw the Star knob into place and hear that sweet sound of a clicker working!!!!
Its probably something every one does..  

I just starting doing it 8/9 months ago and thought I cured cancer!!!!   hahaha
Frank for President!!!!    lol

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

alantani

yes!  a toothpick straight down the other hole also holds it in place. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Irish Jigger

Great minds think alike! I think Alan beat you to it. Never mind, it's worth pointing out that the click spring and click pin are easily lost during the removal of this particular star drag. Your method certainly beats the "toothpick" one.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=45.0

Nessie Hunter

Oooopopppsss, Looked real quick and didnt see anything. 

Was also looking at Torium tutorials!!!

OK Im walking the Plank !!!   See ya !!!    LOL   ;D
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!