Question regarding old Cardiff 300

Started by Get A Reel Life, April 29, 2011, 12:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Get A Reel Life

Hello all.  I have an older Cardiff 300 which has been my favorite bay bass reel for years.  I just recently bought a used Cardiff 300 from a bloodydecks member to replace my old one.  I was going to keep my old Cardiff as a spare parts reel but now I'm wondering if any of the parts for the Cardiff 300A will fit the 300.  Anyone know if the drive, pinion gear, and key washer of the Cardiff 300A will fit the old Cardiff 300?

Nessie Hunter

Most of the time, Shimano (and most others) do minor changes to sell more reels.. 
Re-tooling and big changes are expensive..

I would get out a Micrometer and do some measuring & tooth counting (or just meshing) To see if those fit..

Some times you can look at Shimano Schematics and if the Part # is the same (and it often is) they are matches...
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Get A Reel Life

Nessie Hunter and Alan,

Much thanks, especially for the link to the schematics for the Cardiff 300.  That'll definitely come in handy.  Wish the both of you a a wide open bite on your next fishing trip.

Take care.