blue heaven L 120 R

Started by alantani, January 26, 2009, 07:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madday

alan,
studio ocean mark itself sell an upgrade for this reel, which is a piece of angular bearing and cork drag, which will cost around 100 bucks,
http://studio-oceanmark.com/pitin/#pitin03
do you think it needs an upgrade with such thing?
thxuvm

hafnor

the drag disks on all their reels are made of aluminum... it matches well with the cork washers they use. angular contact bearing is a nice thing to have if you push the drag hard on your reels.

alantani

wouldn't use cork at all.   :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

madday

Quote from: hafnor on February 13, 2013, 06:26:39 PM
the drag disks on all their reels are made of aluminum... it matches well with the cork washers they use. angular contact bearing is a nice thing to have if you push the drag hard on your reels.

yup... its aluminium... probably coated with teflon....  >:(

mahfudzmn

Thanks for this elaborate post, I'll be opening the SOM L50 for the first time, sometime this weekend

Reel 224

Alan I realize this is an older post, and I think you may have covered the reasoning on removing the seals from the bearings before. My question is. Do you feel that this may cause a problem down the road for infiltration of sand or salt water? I can see how it gives the service person better access to grease the bearings, but I wonder if over time from the bearing spinning and working the grease out; Could this become a problem?

Joe
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."