Newell Aluminun Sideplates for 300 Series Blackies

Started by Bryan Young, March 22, 2017, 05:55:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

If I have them made, would you be interested in buying a set?

Yes
4 (66.7%)
No
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: April 21, 2017, 05:55:12 AM

Bryan Young

Onward for a future project.

I know many blackies have cracked side plates. Many of these reels are Shelfies. Do you want to fish them again?  If the answer is yes, I'm willing to have them made.  I will need at least 100 sets to make them affordable.

Please answer the poll.

Thank you
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Puhi

Have you considered doing a poll on what series would generate the most requests?

Bryan Young

Quote from: Puhi on March 24, 2017, 04:36:41 PM
Have you considered doing a poll on what series would generate the most requests?
Hi Puhi,

I'm not sure what you mean by your question.  I don't believe I need a pole for the series because I have been getting inquiries for all series.

My question is very specific because I know that many Blackies have cracked sideplates.  If you could fish them again with aluminum side plates, would you?  Or are Blackies now considered "highly collectable" and destined to be shelfies?

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Puhi

Sorry,
I don't own a "blackie" series, so it's not fair for me to vote on the poll.
I just figured if you did a poll for the various series it would  give you a better idea on which would generate more interest.

Yogi_fish808

I'd be in for 1 set in black braddah Bryan. Make sure to post this on 808sc and the Newell Reels facebook pages to help generate interest.

Shakas,
Kyle

Swami805

I voted yes, don't own a blackie but I'd get a couple if you made plates.
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Fishead

I see this is an older post. I have 2 blackies that could use them. Still looking to move forward with the project? Projected cost?
If you're not fishing,you're wishing you were!!

Bryan Young

The plan is to make jack levers instead because the cost to make a special run for blackies is out of my budget.

Swami805

Saw this post and realized Bryan still had some of these about a week ago. Got another set ( thanks Bryan!) since I didn't have a 332 size. I had stumbled across a nos bridge with all the guts, swapped out the gear sleeve with a Cortez conversion SS one with a washer attached for a under gear cf washer.  Added an ultimate upgrade drag kit and it drops right into the side plate perfect    Dwight had sent me a pair of abtec 7 ceramic bearings (thanks Dwight!) so it has free spool for days. Had a graphite spool from the bone yard for a touch of extra casting distance.  Plates are top notch, the reel almost builds itself
If you don't have a set on a reel you should get one.  Super simple simple reel, great freespool, all the drag you can use in a reel this size and pretty much all stainless parts inside
Here' a couple pictures. Filled it with 65lb braid last night with 150yd top shot of 30l tournament Ande and mounted on my trusty Sabre 540 grafast. Going to give it a workout on Friday
Do what you can with that you have where you are

Bryan Young