Stradic 2500FH part

Started by lifeofRiley, March 27, 2017, 08:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lifeofRiley

Looking for part RD 7874, sidecover. I got this reel from a buddy in a ziploc bag of parts, and when I dumped the bag out on the table, I noticed the stem is completely broken!! I looked at southwest and the shimano website. I know the part is discontinued, but if you know of a source, let me know!
15 2, 15 4, pair for 6, knobs is 7

Wolli

expensive part.....

www.mikesreelrepair.com/rd-7874-side-cover/
love jigging    www.jupiter-sunrise-lodge.com/de/
Authorized Jigging Master Service Partner (in Germany)

lifeofRiley

Yeah I had seen the one on Mike's but forgot to mention it. Not worth putting humpty back together again for that price.
15 2, 15 4, pair for 6, knobs is 7

philaroman

hey, I have one of those in a "partial" state, IF I can find it...  going strictly by memory:

I'm pretty sure the spool, drag knob & most of the bearings will fit other models, so I'd like to keep those (unless you want to pay top dollar)...

everything else (99.9% sure that includes complete frame RD 7874/7880 -- not pretty, but structurally sound), you can have cheap

better yet, I'd rather barter then sell, so let me know if you have any other older parts/repair Shimano's, (I'm most interested in Japan-made and/or 1000-size, from the 90's)

Why don't you restore your reel as is, w/ the broken stem/reel-foot, to make sure that's the only part you need, while I dig out all my 2500FH stuff & we'll touch base in a few days

Keta

I recently bought one from Shimano, it was considerably less than Mike's price.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

philaroman

when it comes to rare discontinued parts, Mike's ASTRONOMICALLY ASTOUNDING AVARICE is legendary!!!

check their price for an original Sustain (4000F) spool -- last time I looked, it was >$400 + >$60 for the bearing & couple small parts, under the spool...  the entire reel new/mint/TWO spools never cost that much!!!

foakes

Quote from: philaroman on March 31, 2017, 06:13:51 PM
when it comes to rare discontinued parts, Mike's ASTRONOMICALLY ASTOUNDING AVARICE is legendary!!!

check their price for an original Sustain (4000F) spool -- last time I looked, it was >$400 + >$60 for the bearing & couple small parts, under the spool...  the entire reel new/mint/TWO spools never cost that much!!!

I have no issues with a company making a fair profit -- that needs to be done in order to stay healthy, present, and in business.

If this is obviously true -- I do have a problem when gouging becomes the order of the daily operation --

No excuse for that -- and shame on them -- I for one, did not know that was going on -- and have now crossed Mike's off of my supplier list.

Typically, parts are marked up 50% to 100% in our business -- that is fair, since they need to be kept in inventory until someone needs them -- sometimes for years, or decades.  All part of the deal.  No complaints there.

No one can tell me that Mike paid anywhere North of $25 - $50 for that Shimano part.

I have around 25 pounds of NOS Shimano mostly spinner bodies and other parts.  Probably do not have what you need, however the cost would be only shipping for a frame or body -- for a good Ohana member -- since I will likely never use these in my lifetime anyway.

Maybe a pic of what you need might help -- and like many others here -- I may have a complete reel that is busted out in the bone-pile.

It is not always possible --  but what makes our site unique, is the helpfulness of our membership -- it is family.  

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.