Main Menu

welcome kil song!

Started by alantani, March 30, 2017, 10:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MarkT

I like my Challenger Bank s801h. I've caught YT and YFT with it on Alan's 5 day and Excel 10 days. There's half of me on the right side of Alan's 1st picture above.
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

David Hall

Welcome Kil,  post the pictures when you can.

ksong

Quote from: swill88 on March 31, 2017, 03:27:17 AM

Welcome Kil!

I love the spiral 'slow pitch' B-581H3R Cape Cod jigging rod I bought from you at the 2016 Fred Hall show.

Everybody thinks I brought a trout rod on board until a big one bends it.

Steve

I got 40 - 50 lb tuna with the rod. I think the rod can handle 80 - 100 lb tuna and any size of yellowtail if you don't do high sticking.

ksong

Quote from: MarkT on March 31, 2017, 03:34:33 AM
I like my Challenger Bank s801h. I've caught YT and YFT with it on Alan's 5 day and Excel 10 days. There's half of me on the right side of Alan's 1st picture above.
The 8' Challenger Bank H rod can handle tuna upto 200 lb though the rod weight is only 10 oz.

mizmo67

~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

flasaltangler

Welcome Kil Song it was great meeting at ICAST last year. 

broadway

Welcome aboard Ksong! You are one knowledgeable fellow, and I've followed you on other forums forums for years.
Thanks for joining the crew!
Dom

Swami805

Was wondering were I might find prices and specs for black hole blanks. Thanks
Do what you can with that you have where you are

ksong

You can check out jignpop site to see blank prices.

http://www.jignpop.com/categories/Blanks/

Dominick

Kil Song, welcome to the site.  May I ask what kind of spinning reel were you using in the photos?  Also that was a serious bend in the rod.  Was it too soft to lift the fish?  I had that problem in Mexico.  I was working too hard for schoolie Tuna.  I finally switched over to a stiffer rod which worked out well.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

ksong

Quote from: Dominick on May 02, 2017, 05:58:27 PM
Kil Song, welcome to the site.  May I ask what kind of spinning reel were you using in the photos?  Also that was a serious bend in the rod.  Was it too soft to lift the fish?  I had that problem in Mexico.  I was working too hard for schoolie Tuna.  I finally switched over to a stiffer rod which worked out well.  Dominick
The reel is IRT reel which is made in the USA. When Penn moved their reel factory to China, the former employee of Penn start to make spinning reels in the US with a new investor. The reel is very solid.

Here is a picture of the 10' Black Hole Yellowtail rod bend with 80 lb tuna.
If you like to have more backbone, you can go with 10' Black Hole Yellowtail Heavy rod. But we have only blanks of the heavy rods.

Lifting 25 lb using 10' Heavy rod.