Shimano 400 A parts

Started by Dave RI, May 04, 2011, 10:23:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave RI

Hi guys ,

I am looking for parts for A Shimano Corsair 400 A , all i need is the level wind finger and all it's componenets the pawl and shim and cap , does anyone know where i may find one ? Shimano has discontinued parts for this reel in 2000 . Any help would be great . Thank you !!!

Nessie Hunter

Dave, how are you?? 

Your best bet is to contact Shimano Service 877-577-0600   They "were" exchanging the Corsair for new Corvalus for $35...   (that was last summer??)....

It is almost impossible to get parts for the Corsair, unless you can find a donor reel.....
Even then they do have some issues, which is why they were discontinued .....

If you want to chance it, you might get the Parts for Corvalus that you need.  They often are interchangeable But its a risk.   
Might ask the Service people, but they dont like to give out that info either!!

Your kind of between a rock & a hard spot...  Best option is the exchange for $35 IMHO...

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Dave RI

Hi Nessie ,

Thank you for the information , it look as though i may be stuck on this one , i may alos try to make my own part and see what happens with that , this is for a customers reel it is not very often i get stuck on one like this. Thank you again for your time

Dave M

alantani

this won't help you now, but perhaps some day in the future.  i have a crate of old shimano parts. it will take me a year to sort everything out.  finding anything right now would be impossible.  sorry.  alan

um, do you have the part numbers anyway? 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dave RI

ALan ,

I did find the parts out of Seaside tackle in FLA. they are sending them out for me tomorrow , i still need the Shimano Status parts but will deal with them when this other Shimano is all done . Thank you for your time !!             

Best

David

alantani

if they have a big reel parts inventory, can you post a link?  it might be valuable later.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dave RI

Alan ,

Good idea here is the link to there site , this si the 1st time i have used them i hope that it all works out well for shimano parts for others. There link is   www.seaisletackle.com .

Dave M

silverfish

I was reading this and it made me think I had one somewhere so I went to my reel cupboard and at the far back was a corsair CS-400 box and inside was a new reel never used and for the life of me I don't know why I cannot   even remember getting it . :P...rod

Nessie Hunter

Quote from: silverfish on May 27, 2011, 05:28:39 AM
I was reading this and it made me think I had one somewhere so I went to my reel cupboard and at the far back was a corsair CS-400 box and inside was a new reel never used and for the life of me I don't know why I cannot   even remember getting it . :P...rod

LOL...  You could probably make some $$$ Parting it out!!!   LOL

Funny how we HAVE  to have something and it gets lost in the shuffle of life!!
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intentions of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming....
WOW!!! WHAT A RIDE!

Keta

Many Corvalis parts are interchangeable with Corsair parts.

After putting Carbontex drags in my gold Corsair reels they are a very good reel.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain