representative of IRT Reels

Started by ksong, February 04, 2021, 12:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

I posted the thread of new representative of IRT Reels, but the thread is gone.
Someone asked what IRT Reels are good for rooster, mahi mahi and school tuna.
IRT 500 DD and 600 DD are good for rooster and mahi mahi and 600 DD is good for school tuna.

alantani

yeah, the godaddy fiasco resulted in the loss of at least a weeks worth of posts.  sorry that everything has to be repeated. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

irt_reels

Hi everyone! Sorry if you tried asking me a question before and it was lost. My name is Ben from IRT Reels, and I am available to answer any questions you may have.

IRT Reels manufactures custom machined spinning and fly reels in Pine Grove, PA. We pride ourselves in being American-made and we are committed to constantly innovating and improving our product lines. We are known for our strength and durability of drag, as well as our ability to create custom colored and etched reels that match the angler's personality. Our company was officially launched in 2007 and since then we have shipped reels to almost all 50 US states and nearly 15 countries worldwide. We have several patents in the manufacturing method and features of our reels and we expect to further expand that list soon. Much of the history and backstory of our company is on our website, www.irtreels.com, but I am happy to help clear anything up.

We are excited for big things to come in 2021! Thanks for welcoming us to the forum!

Benni3

Your 9wt fly reel with 50lb of drag is that dual,,,, :o and when do we get to take a look at these beasts,,,,,,, ;D

alantani

ben, thanks for taking the time to re-register.  and yes, it we can make it out to philadelphia, i would love to swing by!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

irt_reels

Quote from: Benni3 on February 05, 2021, 02:04:40 AM
Your 9wt fly reel with 50lb of drag is that dual,,,, :o and when do we get to take a look at these beasts,,,,,,, ;D
That 9/10 Wt will be released, hopefully, by mid March. Production of the IRT200 and 300UL has been taking priority, but we are working on them. The drag on that reel uses a hybrid between a spinning and fly reel. Several patents on that reel put it in a league of its own too. The handle disengages to prevent uncontrollable spinning and knuckle busting. The drag adjustment knob is on the same side as the handle, so you don't have to switch hands. And, the handle has a micro-adjustment capability, by pressing in on the handle knob - this provides a brake without having to palm the spool.

Swami805

Any thought about making a conventional star drag reel?
Do what you can with that you have where you are

irt_reels

Quote from: Swami805 on February 05, 2021, 03:37:07 PM
Any thought about making a conventional star drag reel?
At some point, we will definitely make a conventional. We want to finish our line of fly reels and ultralite spinners before going that route.

Dominick

Quote from: ksong on February 04, 2021, 12:11:27 AM
I posted the thread of new representative of IRT Reels, but the thread is gone.
Someone asked what IRT Reels are good for rooster, mahi mahi and school tuna.
IRT 500 DD and 600 DD are good for rooster and mahi mahi and 600 DD is good for school tuna.

I asked.  Thanks for responding Kil.  I won't be going down until June.  I looked online at the IRT line of reels.  They sure look good.  I just might go for one.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.