here's something new!

Started by alantani, May 02, 2017, 08:03:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

everyone knows that i'm not really a spinner guy, but this caught my eye!
Quote from: Dominick on May 02, 2017, 05:58:27 PM
Kil Song, welcome to the site.  May I ask what kind of spinning reel were you using in the photos?  Also that was a serious bend in the rod.  Was it too soft to lift the fish?  I had that problem in Mexico.  I was working too hard for schoolie Tuna.  I finally switched over to a stiffer rod which worked out well.  Dominick
The reel is IRT reel which is made in the USA. When Penn moved their reel factory to China, the former employee of Penn start to make spinning reels in the US with a new investor. The reel is very solid.

Here is a picture of the 10' Black Hole Yellowtail rod bend with 80 lb tuna.
If you like to have more backbone, you can go with 10' Black Hole Yellowtail Heavy rod. But we have only blanks of the heavy rods.

Lifting 25 lb using 10' Heavy rod.

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

https://www.innovativereeltechnologies.com/

About

Our mission is to infuse the fishing reel industry with fresh new ideas, help consumers think outside the box, and produce top quality fishing products — all using American ingenuity.

IRT Company History
Innovative Reel Technologies, Ltd. began as a dream to create the most durable, high performance, aluminum machined, American-made fishing reel available. Greg Header, our president, chose to team up with Tim Wiest, one of the most talented aluminum fishing reel designers in the country with 20 years of experience in the industry, to create unique and efficient reels. These spinning reels were in development for over 5 years while we invested time and hard work to produce durable custom reels complete with all of the options desired by the most dedicated fishermen.

While other premier reel builders moved to China, we kept our engineering, development, and manufacturing right here in the US. We know that each rod, reel, and piece of tackle holds memories of monumental catches and great days spent with family and friends, and our goal is to create a durable reel for sport and hobby fishermen alike to last a lifetime of memories.

Manufactured in Pine Grove, PA, USA.
IRT-Reels-Made-in-America

State of the Art Facility
IRT makes active strides to ensure not only the team and products reflect environmental sustainability, but the facility itself as well. The building is wrapped in a transom window pattern and includes a vast roof skylight that illuminates the first and second floor in order to utilize as much natural light as possible. Low VOC paint is used on the office walls, and high performing insulation is incorporated to maintain the building's temperature. The floor is comprised of carpet and linoleum tiles that can be individually replaced and the ceiling is designed with exposed beams, allowing any lighting or wiring issues to be fixed with minimal maintenance. IRT recycles as many items as possible, including food compost and manufacturing materials, along with standard recyclable items like plastic, paper, and cardboard. The recycled compost is used to fertilize the lawn and onsite greenhouses, which are fed by cisterns that collect rainwater. The office space itself has even been furnished with used, recycled, and reconditioned desks, chairs, and cubicles. Even the bathrooms are designed with green in mind: low flow toilets, recycled content paper products, and foam soap, which requires far fewer chemicals than standard soap. Since standard trash bags are not recyclable, IRT eliminated them in all trash cans, with the exception of the cafeteria. For cleaning, vinegar and water are the products of choice to keep IRT sparkling. Living and working green both at home and the office is embedded in IRT's way of life.

IRT Reels

The Beginning
2005-2007
The Idea

Brainstorming and incubation period.

July 2006
Patent Applied

Fishing Reel Leg Patent Applied Powergrip™

Patent Number 29262957

Company Launch

Greg Header launches Innovative Reel Technologies

July 2008
New Design

IRT Reels introduces innovative "Strike Saver" drag design

March 2011
First Reel Sold

First IRT Reel is sold

New Reel Design

New Fly Fishing reel design patented

Best Products

Continues to provide the best products in the industry.

alantani

IRT Exclusive Technology

At IRT, we take pride in our patented technology because it makes your fishing experience better. We already feel that we have the best reels in the market, and we have the testimonials to prove it. However, we believe in constant improvement of our products and continually look for new ways to advance our reels. Some of our exclusive technology is not yet listed here because it is patent pending. Keep on the lookout for our new patents as we post them here.

Fishing Reel Leg ( SPINNING POWER GRIP ™ )
Patent Number: US D560,267 S
Filed: July 14, 2006
Assigned: January 22, 2008

generation-2-spin-power-gripThe SPINNING POWER GRIP ™ was designed and patented with 2 main goals: LEVERAGE and ERGONOMICS.

Generation 2
After reviewing feedback that was gathered through extensive field testing, Innovative Reel Technologies has made design enhancements to our patented Spinning Power Grip™ technology. The first generation of SPG featured finger grooves on the underside of the reel foot. The second generation of the SPG has eliminated the finger grooves for a sleeker, more universal design that is compatible with hands of all shapes and sizes. These changes improve the SPG's main goals: providing additional leverage and comfortable ergonomics. The SPG was originally designed to provide an improved grip around the rod by eliminating a bulky reel foot in the middle of the angler's hand. The next generation SPG continues the trend of innovation leading to a better angling experience.

Method for Manufacturing of A Fishing Reel
Patent Number: US 7,886,588 B2
Filed: December 21, 2006
Assigned: June 26, 2008

This invention is a method for manufacturing a spinning reel from an extrusion and in particular the frame or housing of a spinning reel. The method comprises the steps of providing a single long bar single extrusion, the extrusion includes two regions, a first region comprises a hollow, tube-like portion and a second region comprises a filled portion, the filled portion extending exterior of the hollow portion and transverse to the longitude axis of the second region, cutting a blank from the end of the extrusion to form a blank and machining the blank to provide a frame or housing of a spinning reel. The invention is also directed to a spinning reel frame formed by an extrusion.

Customization Options
IRT's customization options allow you to create a reel that is unique to your personality. Three different design options are also available for the reel seat, handle crank arm, spool type, and drag knob, and you can to select the color of 5 different parts.

Spool Types
spool1

IRT Spools are available in slotted, holed, or waved designs and in all IRT anodized colors.

Handles
handles

IRT Handles are available in slotted, holed, or rubber comfort grip design. The rubber comfort option is only available in black, but the slotted and holed options are available in all IRT anodized color options.

Unique Serial Numbers
serialnumbers

All IRT Reels feature a serial number that is unique to that individual reel.

Gfish

Cool! Sounds like a place I'd like to work at. Gotta check these reels out!
Gfish
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

alantani

handyandy

Those look outstanding way out of my budget I thought I spent a lot when I paid 60 for two speed dam quick super. But they look like outstanding reels wish I had one.

ksong

My favorite spinning reels. :)
I am going to fish rooster and cubera with IRT reel staff Ross Scroble out of Mexico starting tomorrow.
I plan to use IRT 500 DD and 600 DD spinning reels. I will let you know how they perform.

Benni3

Mac53

I hope Kilsong follows up on his comments!