Replacing handle Grip or knob onlyon Shimano TTS80

Started by Navidad Nutcase, May 05, 2017, 02:45:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navidad Nutcase

Can anyone tell me if the black plastic/rubber "grip" from a tiagra handle will fit on a Triton Trolling Series 80 handle. I broke the plastic grip/knob off my 80 and Ebay has only 1 replacement blade and stem for the 80 WITHOUT the grip/knob. This leads me to believe the grip/knob is hard to come by. If someone has a Tiagra 50 or 80, perhaps they can tell me how the grip fits on to the ?? -  I'll call it a stem ? 
So to clarify.....JUST the plastic knob is broke off my shimano TTS80. the end of the stem sticking out is threaded (of coarse, so is the end that goes into the blade or crank - the flat stainless piece that is bolted to the reel, but that part is fine) Will the hard rubber knob (or grip) from a Tiagra 80 fit onto what I have ?

Thank you ....Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.

Tightlines667

Not sure how to do that easily.  It may fit, one of Alan't aftermarket knobs may be an option for you as well.  When I have had to replace them, I have replaced the entirw knob/arm assembly with that from the Tiagra.  I believe Alan has some NOS Shimano knobs and arms, and may have what u are looking for here.

John
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Navidad Nutcase

Late reply , I know. I tend to forget to come back . My wife says very often I forget to come back. (like from fishing )

I wound up buying a handle knob off Ebay. One of those aluminum offset grips with the stem that attaches to the blade with a bolt. Had to use a bushing as the original shimano rivet was of a larger diameter that the new handle's bolt.
Thanks John for the reply.   Greg
Don't criticize our kids. We too were once "young n' dumb".... Fortunately - and sadly - neither condition is permanent.