schematics for Dam Quick 550

Started by Donnyboat, May 15, 2017, 11:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

Quote from: festus on February 25, 2019, 10:18:23 PM
Quote from: foakes on February 25, 2019, 09:41:45 PM
Yes, Festus, it just goes on the underside of the trip lever —

It interacts with the triangle trip nub moulded into the reel frame — and also with the copper ramp — to trip the bail.

Best,

Fred
l have tubing l can cut to take care of this, but do any more of the non-N Finessa series need this buffer?

No, and you can actually get by without the tubing on these 550's — it just reduces the wear on parts.

If the tubing you install has too thick of a wall — it will not work properly.  So you may be fine — or you might need to find something thinner.

Just experiment a little — the tubing is cheap and plentiful if you go to a hobby or Medical Supply store — sometimes even a hardware store that carries gas lines.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

happyhooker

Welcome, Charles, to the AT site, from Minnesota USA.

As you can see, there is a decent following here for DAM Q reels, especially the model(s) discussed and their related, smaller brethren.  I myself enjoy all the details revealed about the various reels; never know when it will come in handy.

Frank

cdaline

Thank you Old Man Joe for sharing the original manual info. Great read ! ...and answers my question.

Thank you Frank for the welcome... these are classic spinners that I feel honored to own one . My little brother
just picked up 2 330's that he says are "smooth like butter". They appear mirror images (but smaller profile) of
my 550. I will turn him on to this Forum. Lots of good information gained here.

Charles