Penn 115L 9/0 Eccentric Screw and Handle Screw

Started by biggiesmalls, May 21, 2017, 06:13:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggiesmalls

Wondering if anyone has these laying around that they'd like to sell. I scratched both of these up when I took apart the 9/0, didn't realize that there was a specialty tool for this - Alan sent me an engraved wrench this morning though, so hopefully this doesn't have to happen again!

You set the price - PM me if you've got anything, and we can work out payment. Preference goes to anybody who's got both parts on hand and can ship them the same.

Thanks and tight lines,
Drew

foakes

Drew --

Likely have both -- N/C if that is so.

Will not know until I get back home later tonight.

Will advise...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

foakes

Got them, Drew --

If these will work -- 23-60 & 23-116 -- PM your full name and address -- and they will go out tomorrow.

They are new.

N/C.

Appreciate your good posts.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

biggiesmalls

Wow, thank you very much Fred! PM is on the way now.

Cannot wait to get this reel finished up - school's out on Friday and after that it's shark fishing time!

foakes

Got your mailing info, Drew --

On the way tomorrow -- is there anything else needed?

Best,

Fred

--------

Fred O.

biggiesmalls

Fred, you wouldn't happen to have any of the older-style clamp parts would you? I'm working with an older rod clamp, like the one below:

I've just found out that I'm missing the screws, nuts, and wing nuts from this assembly. If you don't have then, no biggie - I can order them from MysticParts or just pick them up at the hardware store.

Thanks again,
Drew

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

thorhammer

I have the clamp hardware, Drew. Will bring down this week. However, I recco you get a Strikemaster clamp from Charkbait, and new style Penn hardware for it when you see clear. Black anodized aluminum for about $12.

biggiesmalls

Thanks a ton John. I'll send you an email later today to arrange picking that stuff up.

Is there really that much of an advantage to going with one of the Strike Master clamps, over the stock one from Penn? I don't really have a problem buying one but just wondering what makes it worthwhile.

thorhammer

Cause it will look sick with your powder coat.  ;D. If not, once you mount the reel, when I have a combo I know will be more or less permanent, I measure and cut off the studs to a length where I can use SS acorn nuts instead of wing nuts. Much cleaner and doesn't snag.

Per your email this weekend, yes the plano style boxes for parts, as Fred shows.

biggiesmalls

Gotcha. I agree, acorn nuts would look much nicer than wing nuts. If the color is the only reason, I have the clamp already done in the gunmetal finish. I'll bring the parts whenever we meet up this week so you can see the finish - pics won't do it justice, especially the pics I sent you :D

thorhammer

ah, then stay with your clamp and put acorn nuts on it, with Teflon washers between all nut and powder coated surfaces. HD has them for a buck or two.

biggiesmalls

Will run out and pick them up this weekend, probably.

Also - will try not to derail this thread too much, but do you have any 3/0 or 4/0 Senators that you cast with? I'll start a new thread here, don't want to run this thread into somewhere it shouldn't go. Thinking about one of them being my next project.

thorhammer