Started by Cortez_Conversions, June 06, 2017, 01:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thorhammer

if that one was me, that's a yes.

Fishamen7

Quote from: Cortez_Conversions on January 19, 2019, 01:11:57 AM
Quote from: Fishamen7 on January 18, 2019, 10:34:04 PM
Hello Tom

Do you still have the teal set available?
I would like to purchase it.

Jason

I have one customer that wants it, but I'll let you know Tuesday.
Tom

No problems

Thanks for letting me know

mikeysm

Tom it looks like the side plates will do double dog and left hand reel. Is that the way it is.

Mike

Cortez_Conversions

Quote from: mikeysm on January 19, 2019, 08:43:50 AM
Tom it looks like the side plates will do double dog and left hand reel. Is that the way it is.

Mike

Yes, in theory they should take the left hand conversion. I've never seen it done, but I patterned them from the stock plates that do.

And yes, the plates are cut with as much room as possible for a second dog. I had Shark Hunter cut all the big Senators for me as patterns.

I personally don't do much double dogging, so that part will be up to you guys and gals.

Tom
Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mikeysm

I had a extra dog and it will work great just needs a custom dog spring. The dogs will be alternating.

Mike

steelhead_killer

Will you show us your custom dog?  I have been looking at how that will work given the layout of the space and action of the dog...

Quote from: mikeysm on January 22, 2019, 11:37:59 PM
I had a extra dog and it will work great just needs a custom dog spring. The dogs will be alternating.

Mike
><)))">

mikeysm

As soon as I get home from work. I need to remove the sleeve from the bridge. So I can show how it works.

Mike

Swami805

Do what you can with that you have where you are

mikeysm

Here is a picture with Alan's second generation gear sleeve. With the ten tooth sleeve it will be different

Mike

steelhead_killer

Sorry I mean the placement and config for the dog spring

Quote from: mikeysm on January 23, 2019, 08:30:00 AM
Here is a picture with Alan's second generation gear sleeve. With the ten tooth sleeve it will be different

Mike
><)))">

sdlehr

Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Cortez_Conversions

Visit: cortezconversions.com
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.-Sal

mikeysm

There are already pictures Sal posted awhile ago. You need to search for the post. Tom made the slot for the spring and removed the material so all we need to do is make a spring.

Mike

Alto Mare

Mike, yes I have a few pics, but those are with a stock plate.
Looking at your pic, I think there might be a better more effective way of setting that spring in, not that there is anything wrong with the way you're showing yours.
I won't be able to check until I receive my set, it is still on the way here.
I did not have much to do with this one, someone else was involved with the layout for customizing the double dog.
Let's keep in mind, Tom is doing all of us a favor, he did not have to do this for us.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Darin Crofton

Quote from: Alto Mare on January 23, 2019, 05:02:26 PM
Mike, yes I have a few pics, but those are with a stock plate.
Looking at your pic, I think there might be a better more efficient way of setting that spring in, not that there is anything wrong with the way you're showing yours.
I won't be able to check until I receive my set, it is still on the way here.
I did not have much to do with this one, someone else was involved with the layout for customizing the double dog.
Let's keep in mind, Tom is doing all of us a favor, he did not have to do this for us.

Sal
Sal,
Do you mind doing a post on your dd install on these new plates? I'm going to try it on mine, but will need some good instructions being as it will be my first attempt. I think many will benefit besides me...  ;D
Thanks,
Darin
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?