Penn 9/0 Side Plates

Started by Cortez_Conversions, June 06, 2017, 01:16:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocket Dog

wow that looks amazing.... excellent craftsmanship!

thorhammer

Stunning, Sal! and Happy Birthday!

broadway

Happy Birthday Sal! That is one heck of a reel and that handle fits her beautifully.
Nice job, pal.
Dom

Alto Mare

Thanks guys!
Dom, make sure Jack spoils you today...Happy Father's Day!

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

AC49

Happy Birthday Sal hope you have a good 1  :)

Regards
AC49

Jerseymic

Happy birthday Sal, stunning reel.

Mike.

U.K.

Alto Mare

I thank you guys for the birthday wishes, but my birthday was a couple of weeks ago ;D.
I'm getting really close of being a senior citizen  ::)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

RowdyW

Sal, I think you are past the senior citizen threshold. It usually starts at 55.  ;D  Welcome to the club.

Benni3

Happy birthday,,,,,,,, :D that reel is fantastic,,,,,,, ;D

Darin Crofton

Sweet looking reel, Sal, you knocked it out of the park on this one!!!
God, Family and Fishing, what else is there?

p-deverett

I have just assembled my 9/0 with tom's side plates and frame and have used an older bushing 9/0 as my donor reel, however there is excessive play with the spool, about 1/8" so too much to take out with adjusting the bearing and packers. Looking at Mystic parts I see there are two 9/0 spools, mine is chrome and marked 29-115 and I see the newer one are black aluminum 29L-115.

Do I need a different spool for this build to work?

Thanks Peter

RowdyW

Yes Peter, you need the spool for the later ball bearing model.       Rudy

p-deverett

Thanks Rudy, I will look for a new donor real?

Peter

RowdyW

It will be easier to just buy a new or used spool from ebay. The chrome ball bearing model will work also but the weight savings with an aluminum spool is tremendous. I've used the spool from the China model H2 with no problem. It's also cheaper then the H model (both available at Mystic).

p-deverett

Thanks Rudy, I have looked at the .mysticparts.com site and only see 1 spool listed for the older and new 9/0
29L-115
1182514   29L-115 Spool, Aluminum (Black)

This looks like what I need to finish my build.

Thanks Peter