lindgren pitman s3000

Started by hookena, June 06, 2017, 11:09:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hookena

aloha
I have recently acquired a pair of lp s3000 24volt electric reel drive motors and mounts for the penn 116l 12/o reels. unfortunately the units did not com with a coupler for connecting the drive motor to the reels drive gear. does any one have one of these that I might get the measurements from so I may get them manufactured or extra spares for sale? so far I have not received a response from lindgren pitman's new site. the only mention is to ship drives and reels to them to be worked on in their shop. the weight of the motord gears and reels will cost a fortune so I am hoping one of the members of these forums might be able to assist. ps shipping would be back and to Hawaii adding to my costs.
thank you very much in advance, good on you, shaun

Tightlines667

Quote from: hookena on June 06, 2017, 11:09:45 PM
aloha
I have recently acquired a pair of lp s3000 24volt electric reel drive motors and mounts for the penn 116l 12/o reels. unfortunately the units did not com with a coupler for connecting the drive motor to the reels drive gear. does any one have one of these that I might get the measurements from so I may get them manufactured or extra spares for sale? so far I have not received a response from lindgren pitman's new site. the only mention is to ship drives and reels to them to be worked on in their shop. the weight of the motord gears and reels will cost a fortune so I am hoping one of the members of these forums might be able to assist. ps shipping would be back and to Hawaii adding to my costs.
thank you very much in advance, good on you, shaun

This seems like a tall order.  I would take it up to POP and talk to the guy who designed their commercial electric reels.  He may have suggestions as to how to obtain the missing part.  Other option is to obtain ine, or get neasurements and pics and have a machine shop (like Universal Manufacturing) make you the parts.

At the end of the day getting soneone from LP on the phone directly is likely your best bet.  These are quality units and well worth your trouble to restore them.

Good luck!

& keep us posted on your progress (pics help).

John

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

hookena

thanks for the reply and suggestions but I am in kona. pop is to far unless I have a reason to go to Oahu and take as luggage. flight round trip might be about the same as shipping to florida though lol.

Tightlines667

Quote from: hookena on June 07, 2017, 05:15:42 AM
thanks for the reply and suggestions but I am in kona. pop is to far unless I have a reason to go to Oahu and take as luggage. flight round trip might be about the same as shipping to florida though lol.

Give them a call anyways.  They might be able to help you source the part(s).
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

hookena