Striper on surface lures in Cape Cod Bay this afternoon

Started by ksong, June 11, 2017, 03:35:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ksong

I fished striper on surface lures with Capt Jeff of the Honey Badger in Cape Cod Bay this afternoon and see lots of striper on surface.

Cor

Nice swirling fish around the boat, but not so keen to eat your lures. :o   Good to see.
Cornelis

ksong

Whether they are tuna or striped bass, it is frustrating they don't respond lures even they are boiling.
It usually happens when they feed small bait. 
'

STRIPER LOU

Very cool ksong. We get that here all the time with schoolie bass! Small bait is not a problem at all. Just takes a small bucktail tied on a dropper about 2 ft in front of the plug. Works just about every time. Another method that works quite well is to remove the back hook of the popper and tie on a few feet of fluorocarbon with a small bucktail on the end.

Been pursuing these great creatures for over 50 yrs. Definitely don't know all the ticks but I've got a few up my sleeve.

Regard's,  ..  Lou

Donnyboat

Hi Kil, how many diffent luers did you use, cheers Don. thanks for showing.
Don, or donnyboat

Newell Nut

Looks like fun but gets a little annoying when they do not like what you are throwing.

Cor

Happens very often with Yellowtail, sometimes they boil in a mass of white water for 100's of meters around the boat and the only way you may catch one is by foul hooking them.

Cornelis

ksong

This is my daughter's first popping ever. She cast pretty good. When I suggested to reel in a little faster, she got a striper !
It is always fun and pleasure to fish with my daughter. :)
She used 9'6" Black Hole Cape Cod Striper rod and a pencil popper.