tomatoes

Started by Alto Mare, June 11, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rancanfish

I have a million maters, all green.  The heat put them into suspended animation I think.

I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.

El Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on August 19, 2017, 03:52:15 PM
...  squeeze some seed in a paper towel and send it to me. I would like to try those, if he doesn't mind of course.
Sal

Sal!

I did some horse trading today, traded my contractor buddy 12 of the Last-Of-The-Season white corn on the cob for his LAST Single Huge Vine-ripened Tomato, 4 garden crisp cucumbers, and a dozen fresh Chicken's-scratching-on-the-ground brown eggs.

I'll dry the seeds here for several days, and then mail them to you.

BTW, I asked Jim where he purchased these seeds, what is the variety name, etc.,

He said, "Purchased these seeds???    They come to me after 4 generations of old Italians here in the San Mateo, CA area trading with each other, good luck to your buddy back east!"

Wayne  

Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

Haha... very cool Wayne.
Passed on from 4 generations, they're even more valuable than I thought ;).

Thank you Wayne, please thank your contractor friend for me as well.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Keta

We made September 1st without a frost.  The garden is booming, lots of tomatoes, corn and our pepper crop is unusualy good.  Onions and garlic harvested, cured and ready to store.  Our beans got hit hard by earwigs and I don't think we will get any.  Fall crop peas and radishes are looking good.  Hard times for the garden are comming, we always get good growing weather in October if we can survive 2 to 4 killing frosts.    The deer ate 1/2 of our squash, the top 1/2 of every one.

My "livestock"  is doing well, we went from 1 colony to 5 then consolidated 2 weak hives so I have 4 colonies getting ready for winter,  hopefuly they will all survive the winter.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

gstours

This year was poor for my tomatoes but we got lots of cherry ones.  real sweet.   of course lots of zucchini, peas and carrots.  Fresh is better.

This morning its clear and sunny butt 34 degrees.   ouch?

David Hall

I have one of my three plants loaded with other two were loaded with flowers then we got three days in a row over 104 degrees and all the flowers fell off.  Amd here I was hoping they would enjoy the heat.

Shark Hunter

I have found a local Farmer at work that gives me as many as I can eat.
He has canned over 300 and has them coming on strong. I am trying. Cottage Cheese and Tomatoes, Bologna and Tomato.
BLT's for Lunch tomorrow.
He puts them out in three stages over the summer.
I am relishing in this. I put 6 on my window sill at work last Friday. I ate four of them today.
One with a big Home made Cheeseburger and corn on the cob!
Sorry, no pics. I ate them all! :P
Life is Good!

George6308

mo65

OK all of you tomato fans...top this one! I've never seen one like this before...must be manipulated by aliens. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Alto Mare

Haha... looks like you're getting a lot of water as I am. :)

My garden is still producing some nice tomatoes,the plants couldn't stay up any longer and folded over.
The peppers are also going crazy this year, I never had peppers plants get as tall as 9'.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mikeysm

Here are my two tomato plants this year

Mike

foakes

Our crop is doing well —

Planted from seeds 94 days ago —

Probably won't have to apply for a crop disaster loan this year.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Mine are still small, but I will be having some BLT's shortly. ;)
Been in the ground since the first week of May.
IMG_4504 by Daron Dyer, on Flickr
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Wow, you guys got tomatoes already. There has been so much rain here this year, I'm just starting to get a bunch of flowers.

These are all from California, a gift from Wayne.
I started them from seeds...we'll see :-\

Sal

mo65

I'm getting some green ones...won't be long. Have a cherry tomato hanging basket out front that has ripe ones on it. The pepper plants in the pic below have peppers coming on now...and the pole beans are plum to the top of the cage. Photos are a week or so old. 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~