tomatoes

Started by Alto Mare, June 11, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

El Pescador

Sal!

You are being generous!!!

I am just a humble messenger,

All thanks here go to contractor buddy Jim and his Italian wife's heritage - 4 generations of her family, mostly Grandfather & Uncles, growing these monster tomatoes here in San Mateo.  

Keep us posted,

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

mo65

Hot Dog! Looks like I'll have ripe 'maters by the 4th this year! 8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

Crow

Ours won't make it by the 4th, Darn it, but they will be close!  Funny thing, the ones coming as "volunteers" in the compost pile are going to beat the "planted ones"!!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

Alto Mare

Looking good Mike, I can't believe they're almost ready to enjoy.
I started mine with seeds, as I usually do

They were taking their time, but looks like I'll be eating tomatoes in 10 days or so...can't wait

My seeds for some reason didn't make it this year, these are all from CA, from Wayne's buddy.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Two of My plants got so tomato bound, they fell on themselves.
Gave It two weeks and pulled them off the plants as they started to turn.
They are Bigger than your fist and in the window sill for now.
The cherry plants are producing ripe ones as big as a quarter. ;)
Life is Good!

Alto Mare

Finally getting ripe, it won't be long for me to enjoy some

These have nothing added but rain water, some in the back row are really big, should be called pumpkinmaters :)

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mo65

Hey those are some nice ones Sal! I think you saw this one on facebook a few days ago...I forgot to post it here. So far it's still the only Rife's pink to ripen. Getting a few
Bush Goliath and Marglobe also. 8)

Alto Mare

Sure did Mo, I bet it tasted as good as it looked. :)

foakes

One of our favorite summer dinners this time of year —

Half a BBQ'd Ribeye

Tomato, cucumber, red onion, oil & vinegar salad

2-Day Sourdough bread to soak up the juices

Fresno State Corn on the Cob

The fresh home-grown tomatoes are the key.

Pretty good groceries...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

mo65

Now they're coming on at that rate where we end up putting a slice on everything...but ya have to...come January you'd pay $25 for a 'mater like these! ;D

Alto Mare

Those look really good Mo, enjoy them!

Fred, I was not aware you guys at the opposite side of the coast enjoy them fixed the same as we do.
That is also the way I like them best. My wife has added a splash of balsamic vinegar to that same  recipe
recently and I must say it tastes even better.

Sal

Alto Mare

Today I was in the mood for pizza for lunch, I'm actually having it now and will probably go back and grab another slice :)

Made the dough and cooked some of those wonderful tomatoes from CA with olive oil, 1 piece of garlic and oregano.
Placed the dough in the oven for 5 minutes and then added the tomatoes that were cooked for about 15 minutes, bufala mozzarella, this mozzarella tastes really good, I got it at Costco if anyone is interested.

Pizza came out very tasty and crispy.

Sal

Crow

Looks pretty good !!
There's nothing wrong with a few "F's" on your record....Food, Fun, Flowers, Fishing, Friends, and Fun....to name just a few !

mo65

That looks great Sal!

RowdyW

I'd sure like to try that but ....... Where's the Beef? More sauce, More cheese...... that's just me.   :D