tomatoes

Started by Alto Mare, June 11, 2017, 01:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George6308

Sal that Pizza looks delicious. Next on your list building a brick pizza oven using your  masonry skills?

Alto Mare

Did a few for friends George, when I remodel the house it will go in.

Rudy, tomorrow I'm taking one slice to work. I split it with a knife and added a couple of slices of prosciutto parma.

I make pizza many different styles, I wanted to keep this one simple so I could taste the wonderful tomatoes.
They are very tasty :).

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Alto Mare

I wasn't going to plant this year but my wife said we needed to keep it alive.

Again these were started from seeds, most are the CA variety that Wayno gifted me about 3 years ago. You're a good man wayne👍
They are very low in acidity.
The front two plants are cherry tomatoes, they make a nice sauce for spaghetti and clams, along with the long hots you see in the front row.

They are coming along nice,I already picked some cherry tomatoes.

[img] https://i.imgur.com/qcbgmC7.jpg[\img]

https://i.imgur.com/u5dDQkE.jpg

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mhc

Your wife is a wise lady Sal, you can't beat fresh tomatoes - I bought some from a supermarket a week or two back that looked great but tasted like they were 3D printed.  ;D
Mike
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Alto Mare

Quote from: mhc on July 01, 2020, 11:14:14 AM
Your wife is a wise lady Sal, you can't beat fresh tomatoes - I bought some from a supermarket a week or two back that looked great but tasted like they were 3D printed.  ;D
Mike
Thanks Mike... I hope you are doing well.

Sal

Donnyboat

Hi Sal, I think I sent you some pics of the tomatoes I grow through winter last year with plastic sheeting over them, doing the same this year, mid winter now, and still picking them, last year the plant was still producing till September, I strans planted two mature plants last week, they are doing well,cheers Don.
Don, or donnyboat

mo65

They're lookin' good Sal! Ours are coming on also...peppers and 'maters about the same size. I'm not keeping up with the weeds as well as you, but trying. The green onions did so well we couldn't eat them all...still some in there. I planted two late tomatoes in them.8)
~YOU CAN TUNA GEETAR...BUT YOU CAN'T TUNA FEESH~

El Pescador

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 01, 2020, 10:41:07 AM
.... most are the CA variety that Wayno gifted me about 3 years ago. You're a good man wayne👍

Sal

Sal,

YOU make me blush 8)

Like the Good Book says, "Ask and it shall be given."

Wayne
Never let the skinny guys make the sandwiches!!  NEVER!!!!

Alto Mare

Quote from: Donnyboat on July 01, 2020, 01:11:45 PM
Hi Sal, I think I sent you some pics of the tomatoes I grow through winter last year with plastic sheeting over them, doing the same this year, mid winter now, and still picking them, last year the plant was still producing till September, I strans planted two mature plants last week, they are doing well,cheers Don.
Yes Don I remember that pic and you had quite a few on there...good job!
Quote from: mo65 on July 01, 2020, 02:26:47 PM
They're lookin' good Sal! Ours are coming on also...peppers and 'maters about the same size. I'm not keeping up with the weeds as well as you, but trying. The green onions did so well we couldn't eat them all...still some in there. I planted two late tomatoes in them.8)

Mo, those look good as well. Mine usually come in in about a month from now.
The cherry tomatoes are already producing and taste like candy.
Quote from: El Pescador on July 01, 2020, 03:39:40 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on July 01, 2020, 10:41:07 AM
.... most are the CA variety that Wayno gifted me about 3 years ago. You're a good man wayne👍

Sal

Sal,

YOU make me blush 8)

Like the Good Book says, "Ask and it shall be given."

Wayne
You're the best Wayne, I really like these variety's.

Thanks everyone.

mo65

Finally! The Goliath and Mountain Fresh tomatoes are ripening. The Rife's Pink are still green, probably mid august on those. Lots of peppers coming on too. Sliced the first few Goliaths today for lunch...nothin' like a home grown 'mater! 8)

Benni3

Great job my friend,,,,,, ;) there's a art to it,,,,,,, :D and making it happen,,,,,, ;D

Shark Hunter

Got my first ripe tomato last week. I think this is the first time I had a ripe one before the 4th.
Life is Good!

mo65

Way ta go Daron! I don't get ripe ones before the 4th every year but I did this year. Peppers are coming on good too...with a few ready to pick. 8)

Wompus Cat

It has been too wet to get to my maters but was able to get a few small ones today before dark.
Hope to get some Big ones in a week or 2.
If a Grass Hopper Carried a Shotgun then the Birds wouldn't MESS with Him

Dominick

My tomatoes are small and bright green.  It is too cool at night to grow decent tomatoes in my back yard.  I visited with Alan last week and his tomatoes are great.  I should have taken pics of them to post.  When Alan reads this post he might post some tomato pictures.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.