ambassadeur 7000i c3 ct mag hs

Started by col2496, June 13, 2017, 06:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

col2496

Hello new to the forum and  I am having a bit of a problem with my new  7000i , which I bought off ebay , the reel was delivered as stated , 
new in the box , however ,  after checking it out , it was running to slow for my liking , so after reading some reviews , was informed that
removing a couple of the magnets it would be better , still no joy,  so I have removed the bearings to clean /oil them and upon re-assembly
i'm getting this clicking noise in free spool , was hoping somebody might have some experience with these reels and be able to advise ,
the schematics with the reel are quite small and not very clear , hopefully some one can help , cheers Col2496

col2496

I know these reels are now made in China , not too impressed by a new reel out the box and having to pissball around like this , needless to say I
won't be buying any more Abu's , cheers for the replies

alantani

a standard bearing service should help alot, plus getting rid of any magnets. they do slow things down alot!

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

col2496

Cheers for the reply Alan , I seem to have figured out that the problem is , the main drive cog is clashing with , the plastic engage/ disengage mechanism , that the pinion gear sits in , through the centre of the backplate  , I just haven't sussed out how to remedy it , yet , it's just a pain that Abu are promoting these mag reels that it appears aren't that user friendly out the box, I just want to go fishing without the hassle , hope my explanation made some sort of sense and thanks again for the reply.

reddrum55

I use mine for surf casting.  I found the magnet holder (1138504) was not moving when turning the adjusting knob.  I used fine sand paper to shorten the legs that hit the adjusting ramp. Also, I just use two magnets, one at each end of the holder, with reversed polarity.