ARCHIVE of PENN Reel PRODUCTION YEARS, Starting In 1933 . . .

Started by ez2cdave, June 19, 2017, 03:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ez2cdave

Here Is An ARCHIVE of PENN Reel PRODUCTION YEARS, Starting In 1933 . . . ( ATTACHED as PDF )

Guys,

Tony Dubeck, of Penn Reels, just sent me this GREAT Archive of PENN REELS, listed by production year !

ENJOY & Tight Lines !

Penn

If anyone wants to take on the challenge of updating it by all means  ;D
I haven't updated it since 2014 and some random models are missing such as 6500ss.

tony

foakes

Thanks Dave & Tony --

523 reels by:

MODEL NUMBER -- YEAR OF ORIGIN -- REEL NAME -- REEL SIZE OR LINE CAPACITY -- GEAR RATIO -- BEARINGS -- COMMON USES -- YEAR DISCONTINUED -- AND ADDITIONAL COMMENTS

I have 5 or 6 Penn shop manuals --

This immediately went into one that is used nearly every day on the bench for schematics and part numbers.

Another tremendous asset to the arsenal.

I would recommend anyone interested in Penn reels -- to print out this spread sheet for future reference.

Appreciate the resource!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

ez2cdave

Quote from: Penn on June 19, 2017, 04:21:27 PM
If anyone wants to take on the challenge of updating it by all means  ;D
I haven't updated it since 2014 and some random models are missing such as 6500ss.

tony

Hi, Tony !

Are you able to provide a list of missing models ?

I would have uploaded the Excel spreadsheet itself, rather than a PDF, but the Forum settings wouldn't allow that File Type.

Tight Lines !

Penn

Quote from: ez2cdave on June 19, 2017, 08:55:46 PM
Quote from: Penn on June 19, 2017, 04:21:27 PM
If anyone wants to take on the challenge of updating it by all means  ;D

tony

Hi, Tony !

Are you able to provide a list of missing models ?

I would have uploaded the Excel spreadsheet itself, rather than a PDF, but the Forum settings wouldn't allow that File Type.

Tight Lines !

Everything from 2015 - today is not on the sheet and I know there are some models missing such as the 6500SS because when I went looking for a specific model I could not find it.  I do not have a list however.  This document changed hands about 5 times the past 15 years.  I am the keeper now and I just haven't had the time to clean it up. 

tony