2nd and 3rd gen spinfisher a/r ratchet configurations

Started by Three se7ens, July 10, 2017, 12:49:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Three se7ens

Im looking for pics showing the various configurations of the anti-reverse ratchet and dog on the 2nd and 3rd gen spinfisher reels.  This includes, but is not limited to the 650ss, 7500ss, 850ss, 6500ss, 7500ss, 8500ss, 9500ss, and the smaller ones as well.  Please note what model it is.

Here is a picture of a 750ss, with my titanium 16t a/r kit.  This is the kind of picture Im looking for.  Im looking to expand my offerings for the titanium a/r kit, and I want to get a better idea of what configurations there are, especially regarding the springs.  

Alto Mare

Not sure what you're looking for Adam,  all have the same layout.
Here is the 9500SS

and the 650SS   please note, the 650SS ratchet is keyed to the pinion.

the 450SS and 550SS come with one dog

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Alto Mare on July 10, 2017, 02:08:23 AM
Not sure what you're looking for Adam,  all have the same layout.

Sal

Thats what I thought too, but I have come across exceptions.  Some(later maybe) of the 9500ss models do not have the support for the dog spring at both of the dogs, but it does have an extra post nearby for the spring.  Some of the 7500ss and 8500ss models have nothing to support a spring at the second dog. 

I had a picture, but wasnt able to find it tonight.  I need to sort through all my photos, Ive changed computers a few times and have pics spread all over. 

Three se7ens

Quote from: Yogi_fish808 on April 13, 2015, 02:11:00 AM

There is the configuration I usually see for the 9500ss.  It does not have the support for an original spring on the dog at the lower right, but it does have an extra post just to the left my spring ties to.

I have seen pictures of 7500ss and 8500ss reels that have neither.  But I havent gotten my hands on one to fit a custom spring. 

Shark Hunter

8500ss on top, 9500 on Bottom .
Life is Good!

Three se7ens

Quote from: Shark Hunter on August 22, 2017, 04:25:52 AM
9500ss
One might be a 8500.

The top picture is exactly what Im interested in. It appears it does no have the post nearby like the 9500ss does, and is also does not have the support for the Penn spring at the dog post either. 

This reel is one of the ones I do not have a spring option for.  I think I have done a few in the past, and one or more of them may have been for you.  Ive never felt confident enough about the spring design to offer them with my kits though.

Shark Hunter

I remember you supplied me with some springs and spring material.
You can see the other end of the wire around the eccentric.
I got it to work.
The top pic is the 8500ss.
Custom parts sometimes require custom work.
Buzzing Bees!
Life is Good!