57 lb 48" Lake trout caught in Utah

Started by Bill B, July 20, 2017, 01:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill B

Published July 19, 2017
Fox News

Sidney Cellan, of Soda Springs, Idaho, caught the massive trout on July 3. (Utah Division of Wildlife Resources)

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/07/19/man-catches-record-setting-trout-in-utah.html

And this one went back for another day.....Bill
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

kmstorm64

I know this is an old post, I read about a guy who fished that lake for years, claiming the next world record trout would come out of that lake. That was when I was a kid in Boy Scouts back in the 1970's.   Big trout and Mormons were the only thing I knew about Utah back then. 
Bad day of fishing still beats a good day at work!

Benni3

That's not funny,,,, :o just the man that got a state record in a lake divided by 2 states but didn't have the right license,,,,, ;D

Gfish

Ya ever get the feeling that the State and Fed. Fish & Wildlife management agencies just don't like the public resource users.
Fishing tackle is an art form and all fish caught on the right tackle are"Gfish"!

bhale1

Well,

1...If his license was expired he should not have been fishing

2... No, Ive never had that feeling at all. All the Game and Fish officers Iv'e encountered here in AZ are fellow hunters and fishers. They have been awesome. Even to the point of offering advice on where to go for deer and elk for someone to go, if after opening day the pressure is crazy!
Guess Im lucky to live where I do. Your state may vary :)
Brett

oc1

Quote from: Gfish on August 14, 2020, 03:04:39 AM
Ya ever get the feeling that the State and Fed. Fish & Wildlife management agencies just don't like the public resource users.
I was a state fishery manager and can tell you without a doubt, it would be the absolute best job in the world were it not for the public.
-s