Penn Drag Kit 6-113SP

Started by nelz, June 23, 2018, 06:07:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alantani

so the reel is a black side plate 113, correct?  that would take five of the 6-60 ht-100 drag washers inside the main gear.  it's a tight fit, but you only need to get the last slotted washer to nest inside the main gear and it will work. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

nelz

Thanks Alan. It's a black side plate 113H if that makes any difference.

RowdyW

If it has black side plates it is a 113 4/0. If it has red or maroon side plates it is a 113H. They are two different models & most of the parts don't interchange. The 6-113SP will not fit into a 113 4/0. You have to either put 6-113 CF (3) drags in it or 6-60 (5) Cf washers in it. If you want to go for the thinner 6-60 CF washers you will also have to get 1 more earred & 1 more keyed washer to make the 5 stack complete. The 5 stack will increase the drag pressure more then the 3 stack. Look up the parts in the Senator 113 4/0 section not the 113h SPECIAL Senator section.        Rudy

nelz

Rudy, mine is black and actually says "113H" on the plate.  Did I get lucky and acquire a rare specimen?

Also, it's a 3.25 to 1 ratio with steel gears (dull finish, not the shiny stainless ones).

nelz

Quote from: nelz on July 03, 2018, 12:56:50 PMRudy, mine is black and actually says "113H" on the plate.  Did I get lucky and acquire a rare specimen?

"STOP THE PRESSES!"

After my last post I was left wondering, hmm... so I shone a bright flashlight on the sideplates and sure enough, they are NOT black after all. As it turns out they are actually a very deep dark maroon color. I guess they darkened like that from weathering perhaps? Anyway, now things are starting to make more sense.

mizmo67

That means you would use the 6-113HSP kit, different diameter gearing.

Some of the old 113-H reels are really dark..but I have actually seen one that was black. Once.
~Mo

Maureen Albertson :)
Scott's Bait & Tackle / Mystic Reel Parts (Formerly PennParts.com)
Contact Me Via Store Website Please!
Orders/Support# +1 (609) 488-4637 (parts ordering or troubleshooting)
customerservice@mysticparts.com

handi2

I have the Black felt washer if you still want it.

Keith
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL